Saturday 31 March 2007

Day 23 - Weigh Day!

Before Session (10:10am) -

I really look forward to Saturdays now because it's both weigh in day and I really want to get something out of the counselling. Today I think she said she would measure us again and in the book we are going to talk about Psychological Hunger (Week 5 in the book). We also get a exercise DVD and bands. I know if I can crack this, I will be on my way to sorting this part of my life out. Although I miss not have my class on a Thursdays, just because I am an impatient person, it's great getting to the Saturday as I can tell myself I am already well into the next week. I have told myself to be happy with a 3Ib weight loss, although I have to be honest I would love to break into the next weight barrier IE: instead of 13 stone something, to be 12 stone something. In reality I must of done this as we of course get weighed in class with clothes on!

I looked through some old books I had written in, from 1998 and what is so bloody sad and such a waste of time....... I was saying the same old thing about my life and me. Don't get me wrong I have done well in my life IE: family, nice house, career, friends and generally able to make choices which have suited me. But ....... I had still written about feeling unhappy about my body, fitness and lack of commitment and willpower in relation to it. To be honest I was trying to check what was my lowest weight, but I couldn't find it until recent years. My weight was around the point I am now, so I feel psychologically I need to move well past this point to feel like I have achieved.

After LL Group -

I am pleased to say I lost 3.5 Ibs and enjoyed my group today. We talked about how we fill our time and how some of that can be productive, other times not. Again I think it's about being more aware of what you are doing and you specific triggers. We all were given the exercise DVD and bands to use.

When I came home I was itching to do some form of exercise and decided to walk the girls some distance to a shop and back. I managed to clock up 9,000 steps and the girls didn't moan! In the same vein of my earlier part of the post, I feel I want us to be all more active. while it will never be safe again for my girls when they are older to roam the streets with their friends from early morning till tea time like it was for perhaps most of us in the past. I need to be more creative and join them.


There is a quote I came across while on one of my seminars which I loved :-

"If you always do what you've always done you will always get what you've always got"

This sums up for me this diet and the direction I want my life as a whole to move in. Obviously what I have done in the past specific to healthy eating/diets ain't worked!

4 comments:

. said...

Well done on your weight loss - 3.5lbs is excellent.

Re the wishing you could hit the next stone I know exactly what you mean. I'm always wanting to get to the next stone down and then below the half stone .... and now find that I'm wishing my life away for my Wednesday group to hurry up and come round.

I do do a lot of wishing!

Cath

chrismars said...

I agree with both you and Cath. My weigh-in is Monday evening and I'm counting down the hours of a weekend til I can get there. I wish though that Cambridge had groups - we just get weighed, collect our packs and go. If I didn't have these blogs, then it would be rather a lonely journey.

It's great cracking that stone barrier, isnt it. I was 14.11 when I started on 7th Feb and at my last weigh on Monday I was 12.13.
The psychological feeling you get from breaking through to the next milestone is so motivating.

Chris x

Wendy said...

Well done with your loss, you're doing so well! I know I was so pleased last week when I got under 17st, so can imagine how pleased you are.

Sorry I've not kept up properly. Working nights screws things up for me, unfortunately.

Wendy x

Angelica Maybe said...

Well done at your weight loss. I too have been reading books over the last few days looking at things I've written. For the last 9 years I've been miserable in myself, beating myself up all the time and just very unhappy.

When I was happy I weighed about 12 stone so I've got 4 left to loose. The trigger for my weight gain was splitting with my ex, and i need to find ways of dealing with that now as well.

Keep the positive thoguhts going and exercise isn't that bad! Find something you like, I'm doing agility with one of my dogs and its great fun!

Sarah :-)