Wednesday 28 March 2007

Day 20 - Only 80+ To Go

Just a quick one tonight as still not caught up yet from the hour change.

Had a busy day at work, nothing really of note and I am pleased I have finished for this week. Can't remember if told you I currently work PT Monday - Wednesday and it is alleged I have a work/life balance. MMMMMM? I guess that's why I am continually apologising for not being able to attend events and meetings which people arrange, say they really want me to attend but set them for the end of the week! Either that or I end up working mainly on a Thursday as well without the extra days pay and also foot the extra childcare costs or have to cash in yet another favour from friends or family (I am very in debt at the moment!!!!).

I have just had my last pack, had a look at the forum and shuffled a few papers around on my desk.

I went to my salsa class tonight (week 3) and really enjoyed it, in fact I felt quite alive with it. Felt the usual can't be bothered to go when I came home from work but really glad my friend and I attended. We are starting to learn even more moves as well as clapping during the sequences which tend to throw me out of my wood rhythm. Some of the men who rotate with us are learning too, other are a bit like wet fish and have the rhythm of Pinocchio.

I mentioned to my friend if she wanted to try squash as hubby refuses to do it anymore, so this may be on the cards soon. I miss it, although that makes It sound as if I did it in the recent past. The best I can say hubby and I did it in the past and pre children so that takes me back a fair while. Actually playing with him was not the best as I hate being the underdog especially with him, and I hate to admit he was actually better.


Off to bed xx

3 comments:

Lesley said...

Well done on the salsa, all exercise gratefully received.

I would love to learn - have been to a few lessons over the years but never regularly so never really made progress. When I went to my friend's rowing club ball a few weeks ago, Jim and Craig were both quite good at ceroc so got pushed around the floor doing that and had a blast so now really want to force my OH to get with the programme.

Think I might get there by stealth - there is a Cuban restaurant in Sheffield which does salsa classes early evening on Saturdays so will try and get him to one of those with some other mates who are more adventurous - to shame him into it!!

Wish me luck!

Keep up the good work. Lesley x

chrismars said...

I know what you mean about the work-life balance. I'm only contracted to work Saturdays, and have done so for the past 11 years. I used to work for the company full-time but I then decided to be a full-time mother. I'd waited years for her and wanted to be around all the time - hence the Saturdays only. Since my daughter went to school I have made my own hours working as supply in short-staffed offices. It was only today that I was asked if I wanted to formalise the hours I do and come back on a different contract. I didn't need to think about it - the answer was an emphatic "No!". I can make my own hours now and if I don't want to work, then I'm 'unavailable'. And, more importantly, I don't work during the school holidays I'd have it no other way.

I know what you mean about being in 'debt' though. Even working the way I do I still find I need the help of friends or family at times. What it means to be a working woman and mother, eh?

Have a good couple of days off, Sam. I'm glad to say, I finish during the week until after the Easter break now after tomorrow.

Chris

. said...

Squash will give you all the exercise you can handle... and if you're anything like me some nasty bruises too! I've got no hand-eye co-ordination and just kept missing the ball, or getting hit by it.

Cath