Saturday 24 March 2007

Day 16 - Weigh Day!

Attended for the second week my new group and quite enjoyed it. People are starting to gel together a bit now and of course the weight is melting away.

This week we talked a bit more about Parent/Child voices in our head (Week 4) and I knew that mine had been talking quite a lot over the last week. Still feeling a bit aggrieved about my naughty voice telling me to eat a bit of meat or a slice of cheese either before a food pack or instead of. It keeps telling me that others have still lost!!! Bugger off. I reply in my Adult voice that I can do without the meat, and comfort myself that this will be the first thing I can eat when I maintain. Also knowing myself it would just be a very quick slippery slope into eating full stop, and I'm not going there.

On a really positive note I have lost -

1 Stone in 2 weeks, 2 days

and I am over the moon. I put on one of my wrap dresses Friday, and I was amazed that it wrapped round so much further than usual. It all feels a bit unreal at the moment as I look in the mirror and see me in the same shape. Again I think it's probably the start of voices telling me that another 84 days plus is not achievable.

I have faced some challenges this week, which would of been a problem before starting the program. As I said in a earlier post I attended a seminar and managed to avoid the food with relative ease, same also at a Home Building Show at the NEC on Friday. I managed to do over 10,000 steps that day and really enjoyed the day with Hubby and no kids. It was bliss for lots of reasons, not least as we met a great architect who we were impressed with. It seems the long search for one is now over, and I am also pleased if I'm honest she was a women.

Unfortunately back to work Monday and I can feel myself feeling a bit depressed about it. Previously I may well of eaten through the day. I like my job, I think it's just with all the leave/Training/Seminars I've been on, I haven't been in the office much. Oh well, will just have to prepare for a busy day. HEY IT PAYS FOR LL!


3 comments:

chrismars said...

Hi am, I haven't logged on to you recently, so have just caught up with all your news. Fantastic losses, my dear. One Stone In Two Weeks, absolutely bxxxxy marvellous! It makes all the downs a little more tolerable, doesn't it?

Chris

Lesley said...

Fantastic news re the weight loss. That first stone is such a great feeling but then every stone after that is a little bit better! Keep 'em coming.

It's good to recognise these voices for what they are - just fear, insecurity, not the real you. You know you can do this and are well on your way so don't sabotage yourself now.

I try to think - what's the worst thing that will happen if I don't (obey the voice)?? It's not that bad - certainly not as bad as giving in to it would be!

Keep it up.

Steph said...

Well done on the weight loss, that is fantastic.

you sound so determind to do this diet and so aware of your own thoughts, keep up the good work, you are doing brilliantly.