Sunday 11 March 2007

Day 3 - I'm Actually Not Eating!!

I can't believe its Day 3 and am not either nasty, sneaking food or keeling over from lack of food!

Just had my last pack of the day while hubby eats a McDonald's. He tried to redeem himself by telling me it tasted crap, however apart from the smell which brings back eating memories I was not that fussed that he was eating.

Water has been much easier to get through today and I am really starting to enjoy the control I have at present. Hope it lasts as I know the fall from this positivity would be great!

Only had a very slight headache but mostly felt good. I even had some energy to do the end of week House Cleaning Panic because the place is a tip and we all need to give it a quick tidy before a new week begins.

As it's Day 4 tomorrow, I will see if I can pop in to LL to make sure I am on track and also check for hopefully a good weight loss so far. I have the day off Monday, so have booked myself for a REIKI session (never been before but been wanting to give a try for months). I thought I might be feeling low and wondering how I was going to stop myself eating the entire contents of the house while everybody was at work, school & nursery by now. However not wanting to tempt fate, not sure I am going to feel like that.

On the downside have been feeling cold and a little sleepy at times, but nothing of concern.

Feeling a bit flat now. Not sure why as ....
  • I am following the plan with relative ease
  • I can see light at the end of the Diet Treadmill Tunnel for the first time in many years
  • Have found some great people on a weight loss forum in the same boat. The support has been fantastic
  • Likewise have been able to read and post on other peoples BLOGS which has also proved helpful

So why do I feel a bit flat?

Who knows!

As I write the last line, I immediately wonder if its because I will have to create a new story for myself..... Rather than being the Fat Friend/Wife/Mother/Sister/etc who loves a takeaway, a laugh and who scrubs up alright despite her size....
I may actually for the first time since, god knows when be the person I ought to of been in all areas of my life.

A scary thought despite dreaming of it all my life. And what is sad was when I first started dreaming about being the right weight/size I was a child and then a young women who was not fat. Just a different shape to my friends. I could cry about all the time wasted and more than anything I am not going to let my girls get on this treadmill.

I hope the counselling is good and I have a number of light bulb moments. I must admit a quick flick through the Foundation book leads me to believe it is a well thought out program and not some sham not really getting to the root of the problem.

But hey, will have to see and keep you all posted.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Hi Soonbe!
Huge respect to you for not giving in to temptation when your hubby was eating!
I know how you feel - its a weird but amazing thought that at the end of this journey we'll be the person we all should have been for ages. I think its also very empowering to know that we're in complete control and that a few months of foodpacks and counselling and we can start enjoying life for what it should be!
Stick with it - we're in this together and WE WILL DO THIS!!
Wendy x

chrismars said...

Hi Sam, glad to see your blog. What you are feelng is normal. You are making a huge change to your life, both physically and mentally. You need to sit back and just let your body get on with the physical changes - if you follow the diet to the letter; drink the water and have all 4 foodpacks, then you will lose, sometimes faster in one week than another but you must lose. There's no chance that you will stay the same or, horrors of horrors, put on weight one week. And mentally, go to each LL session, follow the homework and check in to the blogs and keep writing your own. Have you joined the LL forum at www.minimins.com? It's fantastic for the support you get there also. I'm on there as chrismars altho I haven't been on for a while because of being ill. I'll be back on today though.

Good luck, my dear. It gets easier as the days and weeks go by.

Oh, and if you have any reactions that you think may be due to lactose intolerance, just let me know on my blog

Christine xx