Sunday 18 March 2007

Day 10 - Mushroom Soup on Mother's Day?

A successful night had by all!
I tried soda water for the first time in the pubs we frequented with the St Clements. I have to say it made a really lovely drink. Like anything fizzy however after a few I felt a bit bloated. My friends were really interested in the diet and certainly impressed with the weight loss. Only very very small shadow on conversation was when I talked about probably going for it with a suitable goal weight. One said who is not much smaller in height than me (if at all) and who is on the ideal weight range, perhaps that would be too low for me to go!!

In the end I said I will see how it goes, but whatever happens I will reach the weight I want to irrespective of others opinions. Seemed pointless arguing the toss at this stage when it's so far away and I may well agree with them that 7.2 -9.3Ibs is too low for me.

We have also planned as an incentive for me and another who is on Atkins, that we will have a shopping spree in another town when we are a Stone down the line.

Well I can honestly say this is the first Mother's Day where I had a black coffee and a vanilla pack made into a mouse by hubby for breakfast in bed. Very impressed with the mouse, will have to try that again. It tasted like butterscotch Angel Delight, well near enough. Also had usual collection of home made cards and this year a non-food gift. Then popped to mother-in-laws with gift and cards and stayed for a few hours and had another black coffee. That was easy, but all that kept swimming around in my head was that we could take M-I-L out for Sunday lunch. So to be honest feel a bit deprived today or maybe its just the novelty wearing off.

Being honest I think boredom has a part to play. I have noticed that I seem to have much more time at home now my time is neither spent planning meals for everybody, ordering it on the net or going to the shops and finally eating it. Lots of my time must of been filled with having a bit of something to plug gaps while I was reading a magazine, watching TV, having a coffee, while I was cooking ..... and it goes on.

I think this boredom signifies it's time for me to get back to my aerobics classes which I stopped a week or so before doing LL.

3 comments:

Lesley said...

Definitely time, get bouncing before you bounce to the fridge!!

Also, ignore your mates who aren't sure you can get all the way down. You don't know what you can do yet, it's only early days, there's no reason why you can't be one of the women from the magazines who has got all the way down to goal and is slim and healthy for life - all it takes is determination and a bit of time.

Go for it!

Steph said...

I agree don't listen to your mates. My goal is 9 stone but my sister keeps insisting thats too low, that 11 is fine. I just tell her now that my goal is 11 and it shuts her up.

Well done on your night out and have fun at your aerobics classes.

Steph x

SoonBeSlim... It's True! said...

Thanks for the support, sometimes you start to think 'It's Just Me' when you get comments about how low to go!

Will take each day, and bloody ignore them.

Sam x