Monday 2 April 2007

Day 25 - Who Would of Thought This!

If my calculations are correct, I have bloody made it to day 25!

That does feel like a milestone and is easier for me to digest rather than 100 days!!!!!

Today I have worked at home, been productive and loved being able to collect my girls without the full on battle of trying to get out the office and living in traffic on the way home.

Something I have realised is that I easily stuck to the packs, did not wander to the fridge once and was not tempted to deviate. There would of been no witnesses! I must start to see this is an achievement, as even on another form of diet I think I would of been in and out the kitchen more times than a fiddlers elbow. Even if managed to convince myself it was all within the rules of that particular diet.

This week I have mostly had in my head the words of my LLC. She said on this diet, you do not get hungry and does not actually believe anybody who says they are hungry. This keeps playing in my mind when I think I need a meal. It has been helpful as it seems to shake me back to reality and I try and work out if it's time for a pack or I need to take my mind of food.

Today been emailing with friends, and some have been asking how the diet is going. They are mostly interested in the counselling. I gave them a snippet from this weeks sessions on how I have interpreted it (you've seen it here first!LOL). One friend then talked about going to the shop at the weekend for one bar of choc, but instead came away with bag full of choc including large Easter egg. Needless to say she felt like crap when she viewed wrappers the next day. Now this women is slim, and shows us all it does not matter what size we all are, the emotions/binge/you name it get us all one way or another.

She asked if LL have or will give me the answer? I hope I replied correctly and said something along the lines.....
  • Maintenance will gives us support when we return to food, but ultimately the answer lies with us as individuals. That LL is personally giving me the space to try and understand why I eat when full/not hungry and also how some of my habits and ideas are linked to either childhood or other experiences. I said that to be honest I may well always have food demons, but I hope knowing where they come from will help me face them logically rather than just following a conventional diet and eventually failing.
Well that's Sam's wisdom for tonight. It makes sense to me anyway.

Time for the last pack of the day, you've guessed it something with Tabasco.

See Ya

PS. has anybody got/know anybody who has a FIT BUG? See link . http://www.fitbug.com/uk.consumer,fl,4

I just fancy one so can see progress online, but am already spending a small fortune on this so would welcome any comments or reviews first

Thanks Sam

4 comments:

. said...

Well done on hitting Day 25 - I agree that it's a milestone - it's a major accomplishment.

I hit day 33 this week and find it hard to believe that I'm nearly 1/3 through the first 100 days. To be honest I'm going to be doing this till probably about November but it still feels great to hit milestones like 25 and 33 even though there are a lot more to come.

This is the first diet I've never cheated on, I think it's because I can just avoid eating food altogether. It's not like being told you can have skinless chicken but wanting and eating the spare ribs and trying to convince yourself that there's not much difference.

Keep onwards and downwards.

Cath
x

Mrs said...

Hi Sam

I keep meaning to say I really like your blog and your honesty and your determination to ensure your girls have a good attitude to food.

I know a couple of people who have fit bugs and RAVE about them. Can't speak from personal experience but the friends who have them are in the fitness industry so maybe it's a good endorsement?

Well done on coming this far.

And yes, your words make complete sense!

Keep on with your journey.

Mrs Lard (www.thelardarms.typepad.com)

Lesley said...

I've just caught up with the last few days of your blog as I've been away. Bravo! The bits about how you want to make a permanent change really chimed with me as did the looking back to the seeds of overeating in your childhood.

Well done for really puttin gin the work and keep it up!

Lesley x

chrismars said...

25 days into a new way of life. That's definitely something to celebrate, Sam.

I agree with you, with this diet being a complete step away from conventional food, I have also found it easier to avoid the extra trips to the fridge. Your LLC is right, I suppose, in saying that you don't get hungry on this diet but I have found that when I get in from work and I'm tired, I do actually feel rather hungry. But that was always the trigger time for me so maybe the hunger is psychological rather than physical.

Have a good day 26.

Chris x