Monday 12 March 2007

Day 4 - A Day Of Two Halves?

What an earth is wrong with me?

Went to my midweek weigh in today and lost 6Ibs in 4 days. This sort of weight loss I know is great, almost half a stone. So why do I feel like crap and can feel myself wanting to eat and get out of control. I suppose being on LL is where it is different to anything else I have tried. If I was eating food at this point, I am sure I would of put the toaster on, eaten a couple of the kids cheese strings and got the wine out. I also assume this is the emotional eating/hunger I hope to get to the bottom of as I do not actually feel hungry!!!!!

I realise my perfectionist traits are not helping as I generally feel that I have not achieved enough. A friend of mine has started a less serious version of Atkins and lost half a stone in two weeks. I also met a women at her Week 1 weigh in and she was disappointed she ONLY lost 6Ibs over the week.

I know whatever way you look at it, we have all done well because its come off and not been put on. Maybe down the line I will actually feel this as well as being able to acknowledge it.

Have been for my first Reiki session this afternoon. I'm not sure what to make of it. For anybody that's been and knows all about it, I felt real warmth in some areas and cold in others. I know I felt rested when it finished and afterwards the therapist talked about my problem areas. Nothing radical and actually seemed to make sense, although I was unsure if I was trying to make sense of it (if you know what I mean?). Not sure I went to the session for any other reason than to take time out for me. On that basis am going to book another type of treatment on my next day off using a voucher I got for my birthday almost a year ago and actually spend it on me.

In terms of physical symptoms I felt well and quite energetic this morning. Woke up quite promptly without the sluggish, can't be bothered to get out of bed feeling. It was all good to be honest until the weigh in!!!! I think in future I am not going to bother with any pop in and just concentrate on the weekly weigh and counselling.

PS. I also weed on the stick to reveal a pink result (no pregnancy) but I am in ketosis.

Will go and speak to my online pals now and share my weight loss.

Thanks to all who have posted by the way, it makes this long road a little easier to travel. Sam xx

1 comment:

Steph said...

Well done on the 6lb loss, that's bloomin' fabulous :-)) .