Monday 19 March 2007

Day 11 - Just A Bit More

I have just read from the beginning AJ'S diary on her maintenance plan on the forum.


I had to post at the end and told her how inspired I feel. It was so good to see as it happens the food choices available and that the diet eventually is not going to be restrictive. I so want to be able to have a healthy balanced diet which myself and my family can enjoy together. I also want to be able to eat out and have the odd takeaway. (which I am glad to see she sometimes does on a weekly basis).

I fully accept, although I know this may be hard at times that I can no longer eat the combinations and quantaties of food I sometimes used to eat (Crap one week, brill balance diet the next!). That's me an all or nothing kind of person.

AJ talked about forever having certain demons to live with and I feel this is so true, I just hope over time they will be less powerful and I can manage them. I never want to be fat again even if it means less 'freedom' food wise.

3 comments:

Claire Elliott said...

Hi Sam,

I've just wrote you a really long comment and lost it :o( never mind, the gist of it was, your blog just keeps getting more and more positive, it's great to read, you sound really determined. I have an all day thing on Wed and have decided to take my soup in my new flask (how sad). The leader lady said we should consume them within 15 minutes however once in a while won't hurt. I'm going to try the crips/poppadom things, can you give me any tips for good results, our class have tried them and keep getting them wrong. I love making the lemon bars into biscuits, I feel like I'm cheating too, it's weird that we used to eat so much and now get excited over so little!! Keep up the positive attitude Claire :o)

SoonBeSlim... It's True! said...

Yes I thought about taking the soup made up, it would be easier. It can't be any worse than cooking the packs.

My only advice regarding the crisps is use a teaspoon to put spaced out blobs, then I spread them a bit so round/oval. Don't do too thick otherwise quite soggy, although I'm not fussy.

I then seem to cook them longer and longer until fairly brown, and these make the best crisps. I also as more crisp are cooking, scrap of the first set and put on kitchen roll so dry out a bit more, and today when all done and dry put them in a tiny bowl and sat and watched the TV... Heaven

Happy Crisping, hope they work out

Wendy said...

I've not kept up with your blog (blooming work stuff gets in the way!) but its great to read how posititve you are feeling. I've not been brave enough to try crisps yet so I'm sticking to the shakes and soups! Happy souping doesn't have the same ring to it as Happy crisping, lol.

Good luck for Thursday Sam - you're doing great so I'm sure it will be another fab weigh-n.

Wendy x