Tuesday 13 March 2007

Day 5 - Early Morning Rant

I very early pen to paper ....

Feeling a bit disappointed with Hubby! I've thought about whether I want to write about us on this BLOG before and sort of feel it's a bit disloyal. This is because anybody reading does not have the benefit of our history and how in loads of ways he has been and is a great H. Howver as part of logging my ups and downs and being honest ....

As said above I feel disappointed and let down at the moment by him. One example was last night. In between work, household management and kids I thought I saw a gap in the clouds to exchange a few words with him. I started off by saying I went to Reiki today and the therapist came up with a few interesting points. I then (briefly) told him about one thing which could relate a bit to him. To be honest it was all he could do to give me eye contact and feign interest. At which point he was walking off back into the kitchen mid conversation. How Bloody Rude! I then said something like 'thanks for being interested in my life' and turned back to the computer. He then said he just wanted to get his dinner (which admittedly he was cooking, but in my defence he had made his way into the lounge so must of felt his cooking could be left unsupervised for a few moments)!!!!!

I then just kept myself busy as I normally would and refused to include him any further. He tried to apologise, but by then (and I told him so) I was no longer interested in slightly more words than this.

Later he came to me for some paper and a pen (resources we have all over the house). I did not look at him or ask him what he was doing. I noticed after he had gone to bed that he was writing a shopping list and I assume planned some meals within this!!! Great stuff.

I think things are going to change around here

Have woke with a not quite sore throat, but sort of a blocked nose. Finding it had to swallow.

4 comments:

Lesley said...

Hi Sam. Another great looking blog to add to my favourites!

Re you and your H - I had the same dilemma about wheher to dish the dirt and in the end chose to. I don't think you can separate diet and weight from the rest of your life as they're both so interrelated. However, anyone who's been in a relationship knows that there is more to any realationship than what is being said at any one time so no-one is going to assume that your H is 100% bad to the bone.... (lol!) I have found that I have become much better able to assert myself and less concerned by my H's bad spells (he is generally a good bloke - much like yours I imagine). Maybe the diet makes you feel more in contol of yourself and therefore less willing to put up with s**t?! It was especially noticeable in the first few weeks of the diet too - I suppose they're wondering whether this diet is going to be any different from any other?? My H settled down markedly once he saw the lbs drop off and now is annoying in a totally different way!!

Anyway, no lapsing as it is a difficult habit to break and you can do it!

Lesley x

Claire Elliott said...

Hi Sam

Thanks very much for your comment and very well done on your loss!!! It's 17:24, got in from work early and really struggling today, it may have been that 'rabbit pellet' type nut bar I endured today. My mind is not focused very well but I'm desperately trying to think about how great it will be not being that person you initially described! How fantastic would it be going on holiday slim or having Christmas slim, we could be by then... A friend who has lost 3 stone 4 pounds text me today saying it's only short term and a means to an end, it isn't forever and that is what we need to think!! Great blog and thanks for the support, good luck :)

Claire Elliott said...

Sam,

I meant to say I have a sheet of recipes if you would like a copy email me at claire.silverton@gmail.com and I'll send them over, Claire :)

Wendy said...

Well, as a singleton, I can't give you any advice or reasoning to how you feel, but I think a lot of what Lesley says is true - you're taking control and maybe that is a bit scary for other's close to you to accept? I hope not and sincerely hope you get the support you deserve.

Sending a cyber-hug your way and hope you're doing ok.

Take care
Wendy x