Saturday 17 March 2007

Day 9 - A Night Out!!!!

I managed to find a new class and attended today. They were on Week 3, however x4 were starting new this week, another came from my own LLC, so only a handful who were actually on Week 3.

The LLC seemed nice/down to earth and I seemed to get on with a women who wanted to start but her GP refused to sign the medical. Therefore she has got to see someone privately.

We watched that weeks DVD and later had a discussion about EGO States. Something about how our Parent voice tells us things like ...'Eat up your meal as others are starving'. We then went onto talk about how we can respond in a adult way to prevent us being influenced by others. It was all a bit rushed and I'm not sure if I would of known what she was talking about had I not looked through the chapter first. I think she had a hard job with new people at different stages etc, so hope will be a bit more structured next week.

On a much more positive note the LLC took my before photos, measurements and calculated my BMI. I am also very happy to report another 2Ibs off since Thursday weigh in. It's Working!!!

As I haven't seen Week 2, I borrowed a copy which I plan to watch over the next week.

I have a real challenge ahead of me this evening. I am going out with a set of mates and it has to be said we like to drink when we meet up. This night was arranged prior to the start of my diet and I fully expected nearer the time to cancel it, however they had already started talking about what we could do to accommodate my diet. Maybe I have underestimated them and I am willing to go it a go. We are meeting in one of our regular pubs at 8pm, and in preparation I have bought some St Clements today which I hope to try in fizzy water during the evening as a change. Not sure how much black coffee will be able to get hold of. I will have a shake before I go out and take my Bar with me as an emergency or on the way home. We usually have a meal before we go home after a night of drinking, so if that seems to be the plan depending on how I feel I will either join them for a coffee and bar or say farewell at that point.

Cross your fingers for me.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

It's bit daunting going out for the first few times but I think it's best if you can keep doing stuff or you would come to resent the diet so much. Hope it went alright for you and yo had a good night out. I spent a night out in sheffield for St Patrick's and ahd an excellent time although it's a lot harder to blank out feelings of tiredness or sore feet when you can't have a drink!!

Well done on the new class and the 2lbs off!

Lesley x