Monday 23 April 2007

Day 46 - Good & Bad!

BAD -
Today it took me over an extra hour to get to work due to an accident on my normal route. Instead of panicking about all the jobs I had to do, and the meeting I was likely to miss I felt calm. I wasn't going to get to work any faster was I? Clearly I have been delayed before but instead of thinking of how inconvenient it was to me, I only had to think about those and their families in the accident.

Anyway, got to work and had a most unproductive day. Just could not be bothered even though had some admin time, which is much sort after, to get some key task done. Ultimately spoke to few people, read emails and hopefully offered some sensible advice to a colleague who upset about ever increasing workload.

Thought a walk around the shops would clear my mind at lunchtime and add to the steps. As I walked around the smells of and people with food in their hands seemed to have NEON over them! Not sure what that was about. It was never an option to eat, but I did find myself weighing up how crap I would feel if ate a chicken,bacon & cheese baguette from GREGGS!!!!!!!
I also noticed the generally out of shape people eating such stuff and convinced myself it was not the place I want to be anymore.

I managed to distract myself with a trip into Debenham's to see if any cheap bargains on the racks as meant to be 70% sale. Grabbed a handful and tried them on (two size 16 Jeans & three size 14 tops, the latter I was hopeing would come in when lost more weight as reduced quite a lot). First Jeans were Boot Cut so was looking forward to confirming had lost 2 Stone!!!!!! How wrong I was. My current 18's from Next are very baggy however these 16's (Red Herring) were snug in all the intimate places shall we say, albeit I was able to fasten them. The next jeans I tried on were straight leg and I could not even get them on. Over to the tops ...... First one I managed to squeeze on after much adjustment and the sound of very stretched stitching (eventually discovered it was a bloody size 12 on the 14 hanger), along with another with an elasticated bit and bat wings made me think I had not lost any weight at all. The final one was easier to get on but looked awful with Jeans. Feeling rather dejected I gave the x2 tops and one of the pairs of jeans back to the assistant. I decided to buy the SNUG Jeans and top on the basis the Jeans were reduced from £30 to £9 and the top from£25 to £6 and will fit a few pounds down the line or I could return them within 28 days if push came to shove. I also popped back over to the original sale rack and found a real size 14 and bought that.

Back to work, still demotivated, drank more coffee than wanted and struggled to get the water down me.

GOOD -
In sorting out everybodys school, nursery and work outfits for Tuesday I started going through my wardrobe to see if any of the two pairs of work trousers I have with labels still attached, size 16's would fit yet as my only been wearing 2/3 week others look silly and too baggy which will wear for the rest of this week.

First pair fit, look nice and could wear now but would benefit with a few more pounds off. Second, different shop, are already too loose! After showing hubby have decided on balance rather than wear either of them, will keep labels on and see if can recoup some of my wasted money and get them on EBAY.

Next I thought would try on again today's haul and showed hubby. I have to say (children still up) he had a twinkle in his eye and said for one I needed a smaller size (bless him). The original 12 that I thought was a 14 looked nice enough to wear now, as did the other 14 with different bottoms on. I felt so chuffed. I then showed him the jeans, however I looked at myself again and realised I do look slimmer in the new ones compared to my current baggy 18's. Hubby really liked them too and said I could wear them now. I do value his opinion as I can see in his face if tells me the truth or not!

Again as said above, go to the wrong shop and the item does not fit can make you feel like you haven't achieved anything. I feel really happy now about my bargains and look forward to thinning out more clothes soon.

Off for my last pack of the day, and hopefully another Litre of water

Night Night.

PS got my new hair straighters.

So hot I burned my head this morning. What a liability! LOL

7 comments:

. said...

I did the same as you when I was caught up in accident traffic last week, just let it go and didn't stress at all. Must be a change in our ways with all this dieting.

You seem to have had a thoughtful and pensive day on you today, and it's great that you saw how eating something wouldn't make you feel good or better.

Well done on the bargain shopping ... and hey you fitted into a size 12 even if it was a snug fit. Glad that you bought some, it's lovely to have clothes that fit you properly even if they don't fit for long.

Cath
x

Lesley said...

I'm glad we got to the "Good" section! I was reading the Bad bit and thought - "this is all a matter of perception - she needs to rephrase everything as a positive and see that she's doing really well!". Then, luckily, you got home and tried eveyrthing on again and can fit into the smaller size and hubby has a gleam in his eye so you realise that you have made great strides after all.

I have made the mistake of buying new clothes that are not snug and after a mere week or fortnight they are already baggy!

Well done on resisting food and getting through a potentially depressing shopping experience. And well done on being in size 14/16!!

Lesley x

Claire Elliott said...

Hello

Couldn't help laughing at the straighteners bit, I did exactly the same last week, they get so bloody hot! I have burnt numerous things by leaving them on window sills, next to blinds, nail glue... all sorts, you need insurance I think! Anyway just caught up on your blog, I, like Lesley enjoyed the good bit. It's so much nicer being able to choose different stores however amazing the difference between some sizes! Glad the day ended positive however, you're doing fantastic, well done for avoiding that sandwich and also the realisation you have finished with bad habits!

keep up the good work and thanks for the comment :o)

chrismars said...

Isn't it awful when you start noticing people who should Not be eating the wrong foods and you feel like going uo to them and converting them? I've been there. I feel like being a prophet for VLCDs sometimes.

But good for you for not succumbing to the baguette.

Lucky you, getting down the clothes sizes so well. Like you, I hate trying on clothes though as what fits in one shop is miles too big or small in another. It's so frustrating.

Chris x

Melanie said...

I had a similar experience last year when trying on a coat in a shop. Being a coat I didn't go into the changing rooms, just selected a size 24 and slung it round my shoulders and plunged my arms into it. Then realised it was a 14 on the wrong hanger! I'd already wedged myself tight into it at this point and had to shuffle myself out of it, whilst looking round me hoping no one had just seen the fat woman get stuck into a coat up the corner of the shop! I hung it back up and left the store...I can laugh about it now.

Good news on the smaller sizes fitting, and at least the size 12 was close so not long before it's fitting just nicely.

Take care,
Mel

chrismars said...

Hiya, Sam. Where are you?

Chris x

Claire Elliott said...

Just thought I would check in again .. are you there??

Hope everything is going ok

Love Claire :o)