Tuesday 1 May 2007

Day 54 - I Think?

I'm Still here on this great LL Program working through my 8th week without a cheat! Can't believe something that sounded so extreme is working for me and my head feels so clear of clutter (most of the time) I can focus on the important things. Anybody thinking of trying LL, I could not encourage them enough, and I'm not on commission!

Anyway..... been busy, busy, busy and missed logging on. I've had to be quite strict with myself and tell myself sometimes it was too late at night to start writing my BLOG or reading everybody else's. It's never a quick job, and I have been getting to bed far to late and feeling rough in the morning because of it. Can't believe the children are bathed, snacked and in bed and I have managed to get on at a reasonable time.

Weigh Day was last Saturday and another 3 1/4 LBS off. As ever eye on the next weeks prize and I have worked out need just a couple of lbs off to make 2 Stone 7 Lbs! Am sure will make this so am on target for my aim of another Stone off by week 10. I am still doing well on the drinking front, but apart from the previous weigh in of 6lbs not helped this weeks average to increase. I know just being greedy now.

I am really happy to be over half way through foundation and starting to feel food is in sight. Don't get me wrong I'm not wishing I was eating or dreaming about it, but I am thinking about what healthy choices I want to make in the future. Not because the diet book says so, but because I want to. I have been thinking about what I may do on my birthday (not till June and after the 100 days are up). This is because others have /will be going on holiday, attending events/birthdays etc and have said they have either eaten or will be doing. I had put this thinking eventually to rest last time it was playing on my mind, but I wondered if maybe I should allow myself either a healthy meal out or make one for my birthday? Not sure if crooked thoughts, but I hope to be quite close to my goal and have told myself if this is for the rest of my life (eating well/healthy), then why not? Will probably see how I feel nearer the time and I think need to give myself permission either way.

On a real positive stroke note, on Monday I had a induction meeting with a new worker from another team to tell her about my role and do introductions of my staff. I went to see my boss, current staff team, and people I used to manage. In total four sets of people who had not seen me for a while said I looked great and noticed my weight loss. I have to say I felt quite embarrassed by the end as I was still showing this women around the building, but I did thank people and give them a twirl. As the comments increased going around the building I started to believe I do look different more and more. I was also wearing clothes I had got out the 'Too Small Box' and found they fit, and the two skirts had on so far are even a bit big really. Both 18's, however as we all know, were smaller 18's than the ones I had been wearing which have gone into the 'Too Big Box'.

3 comments:

Lesley said...

Well done - that's great and you've ot far to go now. It must feel great getting all the recognition and it really spurs you on I find.

I don;t think it's bad to think about food but I'm going to try and put off eating it until and at goal. Still, everyone is different and when you get closer to goal, the lines do get blurred I think.

Keep it up!

Lesley x

chrismars said...

Glad to see you logging in again, Sam. I think we're all begining to miss anyone who doesn't paost for a while (or is that just me?).

Congrats on the 31/4lb - excellent. You can't have 6lbs every week, but it will all average out over the course of Foundation.

I'd suggest thinking more about eating nearer the time if I were you. And there are ways of eating and staying in ketosis - look at Mel and myself.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Chris x

Claire Elliott said...

Hi Sam,

Great to hear from you, well done on the weight loss, you're doing fantastic!!

Keep up the good work

Claire :o)