Saturday 21 April 2007

Day 44 - Weigh Day!

Shall cut to the chase ...... Lost 6 LBS this week!

I have now reached just over my Two Stone loss in 6 weeks.

I didn't believe my LLC when she told me. It seems the increased water is the way to go, so have started from today to fill in the water log in my Record Book. My personal aim each day, or perhaps 4/5 days out of 7 is have at least 5 litres. If I can only manage the 4 litres other days then think that is fine.

As promised to myself will be taking a trip into town Sunday to find my hair straighteners. I can't wait. My friend has reminded me I need to think about my next incentive. I think that must be my trip to Leeds shopping with the girls on 5th May.


This week we looked at Hot Thoughts and keeping a Thought Diary. The LLC gave examples and I decided to share my Salsa Night experience. I felt chuffed I am getting the counselling, as some, although we are at different stages/weeks have said they are not quite there. Talking this through at the group has made me realise I will succeed at this, I understand myself (most of the time) and I am pleased to say that some of my groups of friends are taking away bits of what I discuss with them into their own life. So much so, my suggestion of bowling weeks ago needs to get sorted as an alternative to meal out and booze.

One lady at the weigh in today has now got a BMI of 24. She is really happy and wants to reach a personal goal of loosing 3 stone in total. She does not have far to go now, and I think she is about Week 9. She has bagged up the smaller clothes as they have become too big but has decided not to get rid of them. She says she has done this before on past diets. I asked her if she believed she had cracked it this time? She is not sure it's fair to say mentally and still thinks she is overweight. She looks lovely!!!!!!

I spoke to my LLC about my feelings around the BMI. She confirmed lots of people feel like this, but whatever I decide she will support me nearer the time which I thought was great. I do feel better about it now and already started to think maybe I could loose a bit more than 10st 7lbs?

Anyway thanks for the as ever brill advice. I do need to cross the bridge when I come to it and today I am happy with 2 Stone off and the control I have back in my life.

Time for me to gather the children up now after having a totally disgusting mushroom soup. It seems I have now gone off this one too. I have promised my oldest that we could soak our feet in the foot spa and be girly and then we could cut our claws.

Well it's 5 litres down, can manage another before bed. Hopefully catch up with all the BLOGS when babies finally gone to bed,

Sam xx

5 comments:

Mrs said...

Congratulations, Sam, on an AMAZING weight loss this far into foundation. It's fantastic news and probably just the boost you needed. Sometimes we need to reach those milestones to spur us on.

Sorry this is a long comment, I realise...

With BMI, I'd like to share some information, which may or may not be of use. My husband recently had a medical for his new job and based on BMI, he should weigh at least 3.5 stone less than he does BUT the doctor who saw him said that he would probably look and feel ill at that weight! The second thing to remember is that muscles weigh more than fat, which is why you get a lot of athletes who do not have a "healthy" BMI - simply because their superfit bodies weigh more. I guess what I am trying to say is don't worry about it until you get closer to that goal. I've just been away for a week and couldn't weigh myself (usually do it twice a day!) but it forced me to let go of that obsession for a while. My view is that we don't know what we will look and feel like at different weights (I once weighed 10 stone something but it was 20 years ago!! and it didn't last for long either so it's going to be different now).

I've missed two sessions including the one about hot thoughts; I still didn't get what they are from the book but your blog has helped. So thank you!

Keep going; you're doing so well and I think the counselling really does make all the difference.

Mrs L xxxx (www.thelardarms.typepad.com)

Lesley said...

I'm really pleased for you - 6lbs is a fantastic achievement and makes you feel like you're walking on air doesn't it?? When you lose at that rate you start to be able to tell the difference on a weekly basis rather than on a monthly basis as with other diets.

I'm also really glad that you sound like you're on a much more even keel about the diet in general. I agree with Mrs about the BMI - Lawrence Dallaglio (English Rugby player with the most awesome physique ever (yum yum!!)) has a BMI of over 40!!! So, it's not always an accurate tool.

So, a heartfelt "Well Done"" from me. Have a fab weekend.

Lesley x

chrismars said...

Hi Sam, I've just read the last two days together. You sound so much more together today than you did yesterday -actually I was quite worried about you when I read yesterday's blog as you are usually so upbeat. Cath, Lesley and mrs have given you some really excellent advice so I have nothing to add to what they have already said to you but do keep in minf that health professionals have discounted BMI as being the be-all and end-all of 'correct' weight. you should stop at the weight that YOU feel happy at and not push yourself to attain a figure on the scales that is not right for you. I remember about 8 years ago I managed to get down to 10st 12lbs with SW and I know now that was still slightly above the magic BMI figure of 25 and what comment did I get from Dad? - I was too thin and I needed to put on weight!

You need to be slimmer, healthier and happier for yourself - not to meet a arbitary figure set as as generalisation.

Oh, and congratulations on the 6lb. I don't know, aftr all that worrying!!!!

Chris x ((((hugs)))

Melanie said...

Hello,

Congratulations on the 2 stone weight loss. That's really good, and in a short space of time too!

Keep up the good work!

Mel x

. said...

6lbs!!!!! Whey hey well done you :) And a bigger well done on smashing the two stone barrier, doesn't it feel brilliant to hit the milestones.

Yet to read Sundays blog so hope you had a lovely day and got your straighteners.

You're doing so well - stick with it and you'll soon know that you're at a perfect weight for you :)

Cath
x