Friday 13 April 2007

Day 36 - BRATZ

Today I took my older daughter and two of her friends to see Bratz at the Nottingham Ice Arena. I had noticed the advert months ago and not told her about it so it was a nice surprise nearer the time. She like most little girls loves Bratz and has a collection of the various sorts available (a marketers dream as one of my friends often tells me!).

I got a bit of an insight into what you do when you are 5/6yrs as the girls were dressed in Bratz T-Shirts, had hand bags and one girl even had a mirror and lipstick! MMMMMM? That's another issues for another day! They all chatted away, hyper off the scale with excitement and giggled almost constantly. It was a real thrill to see my daughter act like this and be happy as I don't always see this side of her, or maybe I'm too busy to see it.

The concert was fab, we had great seats and plenty of tat was bought for all (£15 per child not including the tickets!!!!!) I know I completely spoiled them but they were really well behaved and I enjoyed doing it for them.

On a practical LL note I took a selection of snacks and drinks for them and a large bottle of water and a bar for me. Again it makes you realise how much I could of eaten had I not been on LL.

I also bought a copy of Zest magazine as I noticed it had a runners plan in it. I could not find mine from last year when I started training for Race For Life (didn't do in the end) so thought would start this again soon as I managed a few weeks carrying more weight. Should be easier, I hope. Any tips Lesley?

No comments: