Saturday 7 April 2007

Day 30 - Weigh In!

This is a great diet! Never before have I expected so much and it has actually delivered.

This week I have lost 3 1/4 Ibs taking me just over

1 Stone and 7 Pounds in 30 days.

How Brill is that? I feel sure with any other diet I would of : -

  1. Cheated;
  2. Lost approx 7Ibs;
  3. Already feeling bored; and
  4. Not been analysing my attitude to food.

Today in the group there was only three of us and our LLC (holidays etc, people weighed and went). We still had a good sessions looking at various issues one of which was eating during abstinence!!!! the LLC advised that in her previous group most of them (think it's developers) were eating, were not in ketosis and even put on weight. I asked my LLC if everybody eventually eats? She said no, and talked about a women who has lost so much weight in 4 months (think 5/6 stone) who is so positive. She never ate during the plan. To be honest I am glad this discussion is out in the open and it's given me renewed confidence to continue without feeling it's inevitable that I will eat. Still need to take one day at a time but blimey I am on day 30!

On another really positive note, some of my friends wanted to catch up today/tonight. I wasn't looking forward to it as just wanted to chill out at home with my family in the garden. I wanted to help put up the girls playhouse which we took from our old house, and this time paint inside and generally make it as good as new again. (we moved last July and it's been flat packed ever since). Anyway I phoned one of my friends after today's class and she was so considerate about wanting to know what I wanted to do. I said I was happy to go out into town and have my fizzy water, could do with a chat and see them. As before when time comes for the normal 'RITUAL' of a curry I will go home. Friend said will happily take something home rather than eat out. Felt really pleased that they taking on board what I am doing, and as a consequence can go and paint playhouse and also go out for a few drinks tonight.

Now, what shall I wear? I did contemplate nipping to a shop to see if could find a cheap and cheerful outfit, but to be honest my wardrobe is hardly empty.

I hope you all have a good Easter and weight loss. Thank you for the great and supportive comments on my ramblings. Hopefully will catch up with everybodys BLOGS over the break.

Take Care

Sam xx

4 comments:

chrismars said...

Big congrats on one and a half stone in a month - that's more than on track for the 3 stone in 3 months that LL promotes. Good on yer, Sam!

I can't believe the people who weighed and went and didn't stay to session. I so wish I hadn't had to give up LL, I was really enjoying the sessions, you get so much out of them. I think those that don't commit to the whole programme must be the ones who eventually eat. I've done SW in the past and the girl who ran the classes always used to say that those who just came and weighed and went were the ones who inevitably fell by the wayside. I'm sure it's the same with LL.

Altho' I had to give up LL and, if you've read my blog, also given up Cambridge, I didn't eat anything at all - and I wouldn't have if I'd continued. I've been to party's (adult and child), had family over and been to cafes and restaurants and still not been tempted. I think if you are going to commit to something so drastic (and to be honest, expensive) then you need to take it the whole way.

Sorry, enough of my soapbox!

I hope you have a good evening out with the girls. It sounds as tho' you've got a really nice group of friends there.

Happy Easter to you and the family.

Chris x

Lesley said...

Hey well done - now you're into the big numbers proper - it's great feeling isn't it? Hope your friends can see the difference in you. If so that's probably why they're being really positive and helpful about the diet. Good stuff and have a great weekend.

Re eating - don't! It only messes with your head. I have had the odd mouthful over my journey but never got out of control and even the odd mouthful has left the potential for eating in my head which makes it that much harder to resist. I'm sure I'll get there anyway but it would probably have been marginally easier if I hadn't succumbed!!

Lesley x

. said...

Sam, another brilliant loss and you're now 21lbs down - excellent!!
I agree with your list of how you'd have probably been on other diets, they would be the kind of things that would have run through my head too.

I don't think that it's necessarily so that you will eat while you're doing this, there is a very good chance that not a dot of food will pass your lips. I've never eaten anything up to now and I'm really hoping that I don't - I know myself you see and know that if I saw I 'got away' with it once then I'd keep trying - more often with bigger amounts. This diet is to me like when I gave up smoking - I could give up cigarettes I just couldn't ever cut down.

It's great that your friends are working all of your social lives around you and are staying aware of your needs and what you can deal with - they're good friends to have when they're like that.

Hope you had a great night.

Cath
x

Steph said...

Well done on the weight loss, you are doing so well and sound so positive.

Steph x