Sunday 8 April 2007

Day 31 - Play House Heaven

Today I have spent most of the day pottering in the garden and painting inside and out the girls playhouse. It's light pink inside, Blue with white contrast on the outside, and the inside of the door is a slightly darker pink. I really really enjoyed getting lost in doing this for my babies, the only irritation was them wanting to know if it was ready and trying to visit me while I was up the ladder. How dare they want to play in it. Will be all dry and ready for them Monday.

Our friend popped round early evening and brought the girls an easter pressie and eggs (he is a great God Father to them). Anyway, our usual 'RITUAL' when he pops round as we don't get to see him too often is we share a takeaway when the girls have gone to bed.

I could of easily just ignored this, but asked him to stay and have a takeaway, well asked Hubby to. Not sure what he said but by the time I came back in with the menus hubby had told him I would not be eating, so I told him a bit about LL. He is easy going so made no odds to him. To be honest I had on very baggy painting clothes so not the best outfit to show him how much I had already lost even though I still fished for compliments!

They opted for a Pizza Hut set menu (mine & hubby's usual, or should I say one of the many 'usual'! especially the spicy crunch chicken. Well they ate it, I drank water and later had a chicken pack. To be honest I even surprised myself how easy this was for me.

I look forward of course to my occasional take away in the future, but I am determined not to return to them as a regular occurrences or more importantly to console and comfort me for a rough day.

Also had a great time out last night with the girls. Thought was going to get thrown out a few times when added some St Clements in the bars to soda water, but apart from that really enjoyed it. I seem to have a new problem, advice needed if have any.

Friend said she felt bad drinking alcohol when I wasn't, even though I said I was having a good time and didn't need anything. Not sure if I have already said this but really not missing alcohol and it's great being able to drive into town, park and then drive home again without hassle of a taxi or wondering if had too many units to drive home. Thinking about it, it feel quite liberating. They wanted to know when I could drink again!

Our shopping trip to Leeds for the day once we each reach a certain goal has now turned into an overnight & shopping! Not sure how I feel about this. Evey time we go away we have always, always had an adventure. It's never planned, but we seem to attract or find action. Not opposed to yet another adventure to add to our history but wonder if it will be the same with no alcohol. MMMM, will have to think about this one. I know seem to be contradicting self here in terms of alcohol.

Today's Food pack Heaven is choc one with a little Fruits of Forest made into a thick dessert. Why have I never tried it before. Just think how creative we will all be once we have more ingredients! LOL

Bed time now. Need my energy for more Garden Centres, planting and possibly make some playhouse curtains.

Sam xx

2 comments:

Claire Elliott said...

Hi Sam

God your blog sounds so positive, it sounds like you have a new lease of life! Well done on the night out and also stop in with take away. I have the same problem in pubs, I take in the fotf drink and put it in my drink. It looks like cocaine would (I think) never actually seen cocaine in real life, just how it is portrayed in the movies! Anyway I have to nip to the loo to put mine in however it is a real hassle! If you have a regular it is worth speaking to the manager/bar staff first and explaining as most pubs (once they have established it is a not an illegal substance) will let their staff put it in the drink for you, at your own risk of course!! My Sister like Lesley is a Solicitor and said the pub would be more than in their right to chuck me out for suspected use of illegal substance!! Felt quite a rebel at the prospect!! We shall see how it goes... Anyway, I agree with you about the alcohol, I have found it quite easy and see it as empty calories, would rather have fooooddd. So..well done on the one and a half stone, that is fantastic. You're right, where else would you lose that as quickly and feel as good as you do??
Keep up the good work and enjoy your Easter Monday, and watching the play house activities..Oh and enjoy the wardrobe sort!!

Claire :o)

. said...

That playhouse sounds lovely and so much fun ... can't blame your little ones for wanting to know if it's ready yet - I'd be the same.

You did great not giving into temptation with the takeaway - well done on that. I'm about to go and pick up kebabs for my lot now while hubby and eldest son are diy'ing it - I'm also looking forward to when I can have a nice chicken kebab with salad mmmm

I think your little adventure will end up just as adventurous without alcohol - you'll still have a great time :)

Cath
x