Tuesday 17 April 2007

Day 40 - Water Plan

I have recovered after my Salsa Night and not thought of a takeaway since. Thanks to those of you who were checking to make sure I'd not gone over the edge!

I have not always been getting enough water down me, and it seems noticeable the people that do are having an even better weight loss than me, so set myself a challenge on work days. It's hard when travelling or in meetings and you are not sure where your next toilet is! (or the opportunity!).


Yesterday and today I managed to drink one litre on the way and another litre on the way back from work. I also marked down how many glasses of water had in work with the minimum expectation I have one litre in the morning and another in the afternoon. This was easy to manage so by 6pm I have had four litres. Then as a bonus I manage at least another litre during the evening without having to drink up till bedtime and making frequent trips to the loo during the night.
As another incentive I have found another draw of smaller clothes and am back in some black cropped trousers I used to live in HE HE. Could do with a few more pounds lost around the bottom, but know I wore them previously when tighter than this!!!!!
I have also gone through my current stock of clothes and removed all the maternity tops I still wear!!!! Not to go out in, but around the house and garden as comfy clothes. I eventually realised that they were also doing nothing for my smaller figure and in any case I have plenty of scruffs in smaller sizes to chill out in. I have added them to the rest of the maternity wear just in case ......
It's weigh day on Saturday and am 4lbs off to get to my 2 stone off. If I just miss it, it will be off the week after and either way I can't grumble for 6 weeks work. I am going to treat myself to new hair straightners. (been saying this for years and always convinced myself I did not reach the goal I set and did not deserve them).
Therefore have just over 8 weeks to go on Foundation and my thoughts have turned to working out how much I could loose by the end. I know we have all talked about this previously but this helps to motivate me. Am trying not to set silly goals, but clearly am in line for another stone off, and hope like mad make it 2 in the next 8 weeks. We'll have to see.
I am determined that whatever happens when I feel happy, healthy and trim I will settle at that weight, and not let anybody tell me I need to loose more! Not going to make the same previous WW mistake and ruin my hard earned weight loss because will not conform to somebody else ideal.

No comments: