Tuesday 3 April 2007

Day 26 - More Tabasco?

No pearls of wisdom today, just a straight forward diary.

Hubby been shopping and bought me a red Tabasco, and two other things of same ilk for me to try. One unfortunately has papaya in it, so assume that's out. The other seems OK, and he said was half the price of Tabasco so will give it a go. Hubby doing shopping for the third week running is a real positive as after an initial rant (to be honest been saying this for ages!) he has taken full responsibility for shopping for food, planing his own meals and getting stuff in for the kids. Prior to LL this was such a bind for me. I mostly did shop on the net to get it delivered (as well as many trips to shops for extras!!!) but at the end of day I was always responsible for everybodys meal planning and generally cooking it. As you can imagine I love food but even while doing the Food Doctor Diet, and hubby enjoyed the food, I felt so dam responsible alllllllllll the time. This seemed to spill into everything.

Anyway, I'm glad he is doing the shop and moves something off my list.

Another day followed on the program, and read some great Blogs today. Thanks everybody for the support.

Off to bed now for a proper early night, well will look at a few magazines which arrived today but at least less time getting square eyes on the computer.

Ps. Wore a old skirt to work today which loose instead of being so tight looks as if I am still pregnant! Maybe after get to 1st 7Ibs will move a few clothes in and out of wardrobe.

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Well done for getting into your skirt! Won't be long before you'll have a fab new wardrobe to go with the fab new you.

And congratulations on reaching day 25. Day 100 seems like so far away that I got all excited about 25 too - I think its good to break it into manageable chunks and I really felt like I'd reached a milestone.

Enjoy your early night and good luck for the next 25 days.

Wendy x

Lesley said...

It's noticeable that several of the other halves featured on our blogs have become much more helpful and responsible after a few weeks. Maybe we stop being so accommodating as we grow in confidence and maybe they see how good the diet is and want to encourage it? Probably a mixture of both. Either way, I think it's a very helpful and healthy development!

Well done on your baggy skirt and keep itup!

Lesley x

chrismars said...

I hope the early night has put a new wim into your step, Sam

I wish John would take over the shopping and cooking completely. He is tending to prepare some of hos and Elizabeth's meals but it still tends to be down to me to decide what they are going to eat and to shop for it. He did help out more when I had the flu - but that's all in the past now.

Sounds as though you've got your first skirt for the charity shop!!

Chris x

Oiseau said...

Well done on the loose skirt, it's a fantastic feeling getting into clothes that were too tight not so long ago :-)

Congrats too on getting to day 25, a quarter of the way through! I agree with Wendy, it really does help to break it into bits - just think , the next one is a 1/3rd of the way through & you're nearly at that one already!!

Melanie said...

Hi there,

Saw your comments on Lesely's blog and thought I'd check in and say Hi.

You're doing really well and seem very focussed and motivated so good on you.

I'm not doing lighter life I'm chugging along with my own made up diet, which for some strange reason actually seems to be working so far. However it is my intention to start Cambridge when I get back off my hols in July to blast the rest of the stones. Regardless of how we do it, we're all headed in the same direction with similar goals and it's great to share the journey.

Day 25 is great, especially thinking how far you have come in that time, so well done.

Regards,
Mel

. said...

I bought some tabasco last week (not knowing there was already a full unopened bottle in the cupboard) and added it to the crisps I made this week and I've got to say it was lovely.

I know how much of a help it is hubby doing the shopping, thankfully mine loves cooking and when he's on earlies he's always done the cooking and most weeks he does the shopping too (hence me not knowing we had tabasco).

Loose clothes, they're one of the most satisfying things known to dieters - I love them. I've been wearing jeans that I've had to keep pulling up - not a gorgeous sight I'm sure but they made me feel good.

Have a lovely choc free weekend!

Cath
x

chrismars said...

Have a good weekend, Sam

Chris x