Tuesday 10 April 2007

Day 33 - Life on Mars?

Did anybody like the ending for Life on Mars? To be honest for the second series only watched the first few as lost interest.

Back at work today, not as bad as built it up as. Was on duty but all manageable tasks and reasonable demands. Glad only one more day to go, although days off are packed to rafters of things to do.

Thanks for the support following my bad day yesterday. It's over now, and a few more days into week 5 which is no bad thing. I have weighed myself today and think lost a few pounds but will have to wait and see. I know I shouldn't but needed a bit of motivation.

Had a positive comment today from somebody I used to work with who not seen me for some months or more. At first she made some comment about whether I was pregnant as had I now realise very baggy top on. She then said I had lost weight and quizzed me as to why was wearing the clothes I had on as basically they did nothing for me. I took the comments in the spirit they were intended and later looked in the mirror and also agreed I looked like a right bag of washing. I ironed a blouse this morning as was happy enough it fastened and had some room in compared to the last time I had it on. However to be fair it had too much room in it which made me look even bigger although lost some weight.

Think after it's been in the wash, another item for charity. Also had on a skirt not had on for a while, it kept moving around all day. Think can get some more wear out of that, but very happy I am getting smaller.

Off to bed to look at free boots magazine and am too tired to go through wardrobe now. Maybe save that for when feeling low again.

Note - This week I am craving bread!

4 comments:

. said...

Nooooo not seen the episode - am about 3 weeks behind with them all stacked up on Sky waiting for me to watch them ... am dreading hearing/reading about how it ended.

I also weigh myself, to be honest I do it every morning and keep a note of what it was --- have a spreadsheet that shows both my daily and weekly loss. Doesn't bother me if it goes up a bit one day as I know it can only really be water.

LOL it's good that the lady could tell you've lost weight, just could have been a better way of saying it. Know what you mean about the loose clothes - I'm going to work and weigh in tomorrow in a size 26 black blouse that I still think fits okay --- thing is I tried on a green top that I bought the other week in a 20 today (I'm really still a 22 - it's just a loose top) and it fitted so the 26 has got to be loose really.

Hope you get a good sleep tonight - think I'm heading that way now.

Cath
x

Lesley said...

Yeah, it's really hard judging tops especially as I dont think any of us are objective when it comes to things like that. It's easier with skirts and trousers as they fall down when too big but tops you tend to wear well past their "flatteringly baggy" stage!!

It's good to be getting the progress though and soon everyone will be noticing.

Keep it up!

Lesley x

chrismars said...

I won't say anything about how LoM ended just in case Cath reads this (lol), but I'm not sure about it. Sort of clever tho', not what I'd thought would happen.

I've had the same problem with tops. The brownish top I'm wearing in the photo on my blog has been put in the charity box. It felt nice and comfortable on and I thought OK, but on seeing the photo....

NB: you're not craving bread - you just think you are....so there!

Chris x

Oiseau said...

Glad you're feeling a bit better & more positive today!

Not seen the last Life on Mars yet either, hoping to catch up with the last few episodes soon!

I'm finding it difficult to judge clothes too - I'm still wearing pretty much all the same tops I was before I started LL 7 weeks ago, which can't be too flattering now you come to mention it! Think you've spurred me on to have a clear out of my wardrobe over the weekend....

Hope the craving for bread wears off soon - as Chris says though, it's all in your head!! ;-)

Ois x