Friday 4 May 2007

Day 57 - Abs Blast!

Thought it was finally time to do something about my very very slack tum instead of grabbing it in a very unflattering way as proof of childbirth!

Today I put youngest in Leisure Centre Creche (ladies chirped up about not seeing me for a while!) and joined a sea of fit looking men and women at Abs Blast. Already committed but thinking had made dreadful mistake I got through the class and felt I could congratulate myself for getting my bum back into the gym. Also on a positive note daughter did not cry for the entire time in the creche and agreed she will go back next week. The lady at the side of me said it gets better after 4 weeks so have booked myself in for next Friday, 9.45am.

On an exercise note I am still enjoying my salsa class, and on Wednesday it was the last class. There is another Salsa gathering next Tuesday where they have laid on a buffet (Help!!!!!!!) and we collect our certificates for completing the past 8 weeks. The week after we can sign up for the next level. I think I will sign up for the next level as if nothing else it gets me out the house and now we are getting more energetic will burn a few calories.

As for next Tuesday, Natalie and I have decided to go, I will just have to have a pack before I go, and perhaps take a bar in event need to nibble. I did survive open buffet for 21/2 hours last Sunday when took daughter to a party. Food looked yummy ..... all bite size and available! Held my nerve and had half a bar while helping kids on the bouncy castle.

Weight loss is still going well and the clothes are really starting to hang off me now! When I dropped oldest off at school I met a couple of mums who had not seen me up close for a while who were positive about my weight loss. They know I am on LL and wanted to know how much I had lost and in how many weeks. I told them 2st 7lbs (well I hope to be this by Saturday as only 2lbs off) and they did those mock jealous/sad faces I have done in the past when somebody looks great/lost weight/achieved something. All in good humour. I felt on top of the world because it was me this time that had lost weight. Youngest and I than ran to Sainsbury's for a few emergency supplies, then off to the gym as said above.

Tonight my oldest, OK it's Olivia (5yrs) ... I can't bothered to keep this up. My youngest is Ella (2yrs). Anyway Olivia is at her first school disco so I have offered to help out in the hall. She has told her friends and is excited her mummy is going to help. I am glad she is not yet embarrassed of me!

What else have I been up to?

Well the half way point shopping trip to Leeds is off. My friends have a range of excuses but to be honest I am quite pleased about it. We have re-arranged for June so this will be closer to my 100 days being over and in turn closer to goal weight. I may even be able to but some clothes that won't be hanging off me 2 weeks later, LOL.

I have also made a few calls career wise about courses for the future so hope packs of information will be on their way soon.

On the downside have had a few words with hubby it feels like most days this week. In a nut shell I love him and know what he is like, however even more so than usual am sick to death of him moaning and doing nothing about it! Generally this issue covers his health, job, hobbies (NONE), seeing his friends (doing nothing to arrange a night out) and so it goes on .......

Now, none of these traits are new and I have from time to time said a few words about all of them, so again nothing new. What feels different to me this time is that I am getting even less patient about his lack of drive to live his life. His glass is always half empty. Not sure what else to say, and I am sure will re-visit this again in the BLOG. I also know I do have a great hubby in so many other ways ........ never worry about an affair, great at DIY, happy to care for his children and even modified his hours to accommodate them Thu & Fri, loves me fat or thin, is home most of the time when says he will be so I can go to Salsa, gym, meet friends etc and would always want me to do what makes me happy. Lets not forget he has been supportive on this LL plan albeit sceptical at first.
Mmmmmmm, maybe I need to get this in perspective?

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Yeah, it's weird with blokes isn't it? You either seem to get thte driven, hard-nosed bloke who nags you about your weight, doesn't help out round the house etc but earns a packet, takes you on great holidays and might do his secretary on the side!! Or, you get the more vague guy who has to be nagged and pushed to do anything but has th epositive sides you outline. i know which one I'd prefer (the latter!) but it doesn't stop you get irritated by their lac of action on health and social issues.

D seems to spend half his life in the pub and I'd love for him to live a nicer, healthier life. Still, you make the best of what you've got and what you love don't you?? Sigh...

You've been really active recently haven't you? Your energy is bouncing off the screen and great news that people are really noticing the weightloss - such a boost.

Keep it up and take care.

Lesley x

chrismars said...

I'm sitting typing this with a Slendertone belt on to try and tone up my tummy. I don't think it's actually going to work too well as after 16 gynae surgeries and one pregnancy I'm never going to have a flat tummy but my sister gave me the belt to try, so why not.

It's not doing much for my typing though. Every time the belt contracts, about every 10 seconds, my typing skills get even worse than they normally are - I've just had to make loads of corrections just so you understand what I've typed.....

I'd love to have a go at salsa. But I need someone to go with. Por old 'billy no mates' me.

I hope you and hubby resolve your difficulties over the weekend. Do you think you're feeling a little frustrated with him because you've taken the bull between the horns and actually DONE something for yourself but he's just sitting there bemoaning his lot? Men!

Have a good weekend - and hello to Olivia and Ella.

Chris x