Friday 25 May 2007

Day 78 - Negative Comment!!!!!

Well, just had to post about this ........

Ella and I treated ourselves (OK it was for my benefit) to a look around our just opened ASDA clothes shop. Few items purchased for me including a size 12 T-Shirt which I am pleased to say fits and looks nice and a selection of swimwear and matching short (not sure!!!) skirt which you wear over the beach outfit. Of course the girls got a couple of new swimsuits so not to feel left out.

Anyway, as usual I digress.

I met a lady and her daughter on one of the isles who I have certainly not seen since LL, but could even be at least 6 months before that too. She said something along the lines of "By god, you've lost some weight". She then quickly asked if the loss was intentional (I believe she was checking whether I had been ill or not). Nevertheless pleased with the comment, I happily reported yes 3 Stone, with a bit more to go. She then said "You don't want to go too far, otherwise it will show in my face". She looked grave, as if I was about to die!!!!!!!!!! I reluctantley nodded at which point we parted.

How Rude!

In writing my tale, I realised a few things as I have thought about it over the day

  1. That that particular women has only ever know me overweight. I met her at baby clinic when Olivia was a baby.
  2. That I have not dwelled on this one negative today and thought about needing to eat food as that said comfort blanket
  3. That it will be the first of hopefully not too many negative back handed compliments.

Over the week have had a few moments where I have convinced myself will not really loose any more weight to any significant level. Whats that about? LL has not failed me yet, it will come off. My BLOG says it, but my mind needs to catch up. I have convinced myself that I will not only not reach my 4 stone goal by the end of foundation, but that failing that I will be way off it!!!!!!!! I keep telling myself I have x4 Weigh In's left, it will be fine. However I am looking forward to getting weighed Saturday, but have not found my old pictures.

Better get looking

See Ya

3 comments:

. said...

Just take that negative comment and smile to yourself while you realise all the insecurities of that woman and that you're looking so good she felt she had to say something. People often say something bad because they're either jealous of what you're doing/look like - you just have to let them get on with it while you get on with losing the next few pounds.

You'll soon be at goal - LL will keep working for you, just stick with it and you'll soon be there!

Cath
x

Lesley said...

We've all come a long way - that's for sure. Things which would rock us previously cause barely a ripple. This woman must feel insecure or just have a naturally negative nature for her first comment to be like that. It has no bearing on your reality though and that is that LL IS working for you! All power to you and keep the faith sister!!

Take care.

Lesley x

chrismars said...

i've had a few negative comments too. These people acknowledge the fact that I've lost weight and then 2 of them (both friends!) have said that although the body looks better, I look older in the face - thanks friends!!!

Chris x