Friday 18 May 2007

Day 71 - My Wedding Dress!

Just a quick post tonight as will be off to aerobics soon. To be honest I feel quite tired today and would normally be looking for some excuse not to go by now! I also went to Abs Blast this morning and we used the stability ball at the end. I can feel my sit up rate increasing, so am pleased done for the past 3 weeks.

To fill time between going out, I sorted a few more clothes out while the girls were happy playing in the play room next door. Not many small clothes left now, and the ones that are no longer appeal. I tried on a dress with a matching cardigan I wore pre-children fully expecting to still have more to loose to get into it. I can report it fits, and apart from my now wobbly tum which could be corrected with magic pants, looked great. I was gobbed smacked. I then eventually tried on my beautiful hand made wedding dress (made by Davids mum) and also to my shock that fit too. The top bodice was actually too big, while the skirt part fits just right. I had estimated that I was approx 11 stone when I got married, so this seems to fit in with that.

I also remember our honeymoon to Barbados and the variety of bikinis I wore, and I felt fit and healthy then. Yes I had my size hang ups, but I felt so at home there and I was positively small compared to some of the locals.

So here I am today, at the same weight as on my wedding day which was July 99. I Know since then, I have not been any smaller so am starting to feel the gravity of what I am actually achieving.

Part 2 - Back From Aerobics

Thought I would add a bit more, as I think I have realised something. On the way home I passed through the shops and the restaurants/takeaway shops seemed to stick out like beacons! They did earlier today too when the girls and I walked back from the dentist and library. My mind just kept thinking about whether I would ever be able to have a takeaway again, or if like an alcoholic I will have to spend the rest of my life (if I want to be slim) without any!!!!!! I hope so much the more logical option is I can have a takeaway, but in moderation.

Anyway, I think I realised why the desire to have one this week is so strong. It's because I have what feels like a hard week in terms of my stress/out of my comfort zone triggers. I would of made myself feel better in the past by eating, ordering in and no doubt some wine.

My triggers have been having to make up my mind about the job offer and looking at the implications for the family, having a poorly husband (two wisdom teeth out Tuesday, much blood, pain and swollen face), working on Thursday when should be my day off and juggling favours and childcare, having an admin day on Tuesday but not being as productive as I would of liked and so my admin mountain is still huge with no ideas when I could fit another in! To emphasise the point I found myself wandering around the house/kitchen on Tuesday, which pre LL would of eaten all sorts to break up the day and make myself feel better.

Now I have realised why I NEED my comfort food this week, I feel better and hopeful will not be dreaming of Takeaways all my life.

It's weigh day Saturday, so I am looking forward to that. Have no real idea how much I have lost so will not make any predictions this week. I occasionally have crooked thoughts about the exercise I have started again. One of the women who is in my group has said a few times she is not going to do any exercise until she is at goal weight, as muscle weighs more than fat. She says she wants no excuse for the weight not coming off each week. Any advice folks. Lesley you have done so well on the weight loss front, so I am thinking it can't be true, but as I lost 2lbs last week I did wonder a little.

OK, have two packs left so am off for a feast.

2 comments:

. said...

I never worry about the fact that muscle may weigh more than fat - what would worry me is if I never did any exercise, lost all the weight I wanted to lose and then had to start to tone up a thinner but unfit body. The purposefully not exercising never makes sense to me.

Well done on getting into your clothes, especially your wedding dress - that must feel fantastic.

Cath
x

chrismars said...

I'm definitely not a huge exercise fan but I honestly think that woman in your class is making an excuse NOT to exercise. Rubbish!

You may be having some crooked thougts, Sam, but you appear to be overcoming them. You know the triggers and your avoiding them. So well done, you!

Chris x