Saturday 26 May 2007

Day 79 - Weigh Time & Reality!

Have lost 5 3/4 Lbs this week and of course chuffed as mint balls. As usual was expecting less than this, so am well on my way to the 4 Stone challenge I have set myself. I did well on my water, had all my packs bar one as too tired and enjoyed my exercise classes.

I may come back and post more later as hubby wants the computer, however wanted to report I have just had a tearful moment.

I had updated my ticker and it now says I have lost 22.6kg with 7.5kg to goal. Converting this on the computer says I have a little over 16lbs to go. I was explaining to David these calculations as we looked in the cupboard and found a 1.5kg bag of flour to try and get our heads around how much blubber has gone. Although to be fair David is probably well aware how big I looked previously!!!!

At this point David said I could be a goal in about 4 more weeks. I disagreed as had some weeks ago worked out I would need at least 4 weeks after Foundation, and I currently have 3 more weigh ins in my Foundation block. I then did the maths and realised to date I have tended to loose 14lbs every 4 weeks.

At this point my eyes filled up and I realised I am so close to goal (in comparison) I can quite literally taste it. I feel happy tearful now as I write this and just can't believe it. The crooked thought I am sure will arrive anytime now and say from this point on I will loose only 1lb a week for the next 16/17 weeks. Dam you Crooked thoughts.

OK, better go.

PS. I opted for the size 10 top from ASDA I bought yesterday ........ it only bloody fit and I felt fabulous. That said I am still based in reality as know if went to another shop, would not be able to get their size 10 over my ears!

6 comments:

. said...

Well done on your loss, that's a brilliant loss. Wow on being so close to goal, you'll be there in no time - from foundation you'll be able to go straight to Management that's for sure. I can understand why it made you tearful, I'm sure I'll cry when I get to that stage too.

Enjoy your happy thoughts x

Cath
x

Lesley said...

Good tears are allowed!!!

I've just said on Cath's blog that I'm proud of her and now I'm going to say it again - I'm proud of you too and of all of us for sticking this out and doing such a good job of changing ourselves and supporting each other. Pats on the back all round.

You must feel great - any chance of some photos one day???

Well done ((((((big hug round a skinny chick)))))))

Lesley x

Melanie said...

That must be so nice to have such an overwhelming feeling of happy emotion, and knowing it's all down to your own hard work and efforts it's no wonder you had tears.

I get tearful just imagining being close to goal.

You're doing so well,

Mel x

Anonymous said...

Well done you!! You're doing so much to change your life and its wonderful to see! Do we get to "see" you any time soon?!! Regardless, keep up the good work..yukky negative woman the other day! There's always one & they're often generally sour faced! Leave em to it I say!

Mrs said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You've done so well and yes, as everyone says tears are allowed!! I was a bit tearful myself when I read your blog because we can empathise with that moment.

You're doing incredibly well; a size 10 top?!?!? My goodness that's fantastic!

As you say, you are so close now so you may find that you are extra motivated. Good for you for recognising crooked thinking; chances are it will strike when it can now BUT you are aware and that's the key (according to my LLC).

So, just like the others, sending you massive hugs across the net.

Be proud of yourself for coming so far.

Mrs Lxxxxxxxxxxx

chrismars said...

Crying for happy reasons is more than acceptable. Keep those crooked thoughts at bay, Sam. You WILL get there - and then you can have one big sob..lol

Keep up the good work.

Chris x