Saturday 12 May 2007

Day 65 - Weigh In!

Was a little shy of my 3lbs aim today to take me to 3 Stone and lost instead 2.2lbs. Initially felt gutted and then woke up when my LLC said I had lost over half a stone in 2 weeks. I am now pleased with it, but in any case will be telling anybody who will listen I have lost 3 stone!

A really good group today, and we have certainly gelled now. We looked at Action Planning (Page 120/WK 11). This looked at setting some specific goals, much like we did in the beginning weeks to keep us motivated. Once it had been explained we were given time to set one there and then. I opted as follows :

GOAL - Try a boxercise/kick fit class at the gym

THINGS I WILL DO - Build up my stamina/fitness with other classes like aerobics for at least a few more weeks.

WHEN I WILL DO THIS - By the time I have finished Foundation

THINGS THAT MIGHT GET IN THE WAY OF ME ACHIEVING THIS - Feeling tired, work, childcare, other projects involved in

HOW MIGHT I SOLVE THIS - Plan & Book the sessions a week in advance so I am aware of my diary

I am really pleased we did this today, and I am glad I have this specific goal. I have wanted to do this class at the gym for so long and never felt confident enough or that it was achievable. I kept telling myself I will do it at some point! At least now I can see light at the end of the tunnel and know I will have a go. If I don't like it, fine. At least I can tick it off the list of things would like to try.

The lady I have talked about before who has lost her weight, and actually did the first week of maintenance has put on just under 2lbs. Of course she feels sad but fully admits she did not follow the rules, She is torn because she wants to stay in our group, but probably really needs to join a Maintenance one so she can continue to succeed. Obviously it's weeks before any of us can join her. I don't want her to fall of the straight and narrow again, so will cross my fingers for her. I did give her a jokey telling off, I hope in a supportive way.

Tonight David is going out with friends (good for him - He He) and usually would look forward to this for many reasons. One of the main ones ordering a Takeaway to eat alone (I hasten to add this was not a secret from David, I just enjoyed treating myself with the food and eating something without a child either wanting some or interupting a meal because they want a wee/reading a story/playing with etc) when he had gone out, kids in bed and being able to watch TV without consent from anybody else. However tonight will go with kids in bed, a bath if any energy followed by either TV/Magazine and an earlier night. I can feel myself looking forward to it I think as much as the pre-LL planning I did deciding on the medicating takeaway.

Let the good times roll!

5 comments:

Mrs said...

Hello

Just caught up with all your blogs; there was a lot to read and it was so interesting.

I understand completely why you want to keep LL private; I do too. For me, at the beginning, it was because I was afraid it wasn't going to work and/or I was going to fail. I also didn't want loads of questions and comments about such a drastic diet. Maybe you feel the same? People really aren't afraid of commenting (usually not in a helpful way) if you are eating something different.

It was really encouraging to see you setting goals (I didn't do that homework). How are you getting on with the thought records? I have only started doing them but they are a really helpful tool.

Hope your positivity continues! And well done for the weight loss.

Mrs L xxxx (www.thelardarms.typepad.com)

katie785 said...

Hi, hope you dont mind me leaving a comment. Well done for loosing 3 stone!! thats fantasic, your doing so well. I used to do boxercise when i was a little smaller and it was really good def worth doing. Im only on week 2(10 days) and at last weeks meeting we had homework given to set 3 goals so its really nice to see yours.xx

Guinea said...

Hi there,

I've just recently started LL and have broadly the same problems as you.

I think this is something we all have to face at some time. If you are successful in your diet the questions are going to come. For me, I don't want to tell people that I am on a diet as I don't want to look bad if I fail.

I have three leaving parties and a weekend away with my friends this months. I am simply going to have to tell som key people what is happening and why I don't want the usual eight pints of stella...


Guinea

http://guineasblog.blogspot.com/

chrismars said...

Brilliant loss, Sam.

Hope you're feeling stronger today.

Chris x

SoonBeSlim... It's True! said...

Hi Katie & Guinea,

thanks for your comments. It's nice to know may rambles make sense every now and again.

Hi Chris & Mrs, feeling much better today and glad to see I'm not a wimp for wanting to keep LL private from some people.

Will write soon

Sam xx