Wednesday 30 May 2007

Day 83 - Excellent Salsa!

Truly is a quick post tonight as already 10.30pm and will need my wits about me as another day of school holidays with Olivia, Ella and One of their friends in the morning to face!

Had a really good Salsa class tonight and learnt even more moves. After the class she left the music on for anybody to have a bit more practice. Tonight I was assertive and grabbed a man to do a bit more dancing with. Not sure we are a match made in heaven, me being 5 ft 2 and him being somewhere in the sky but we managed to make it work.

I took the girls to Sherwood Forest today to see the Major Oak. I thought it would be good despite the weather so they could run about freely without me telling them they are close to a busy road. Had over 1 1/2 hour walk with them, although Ella would hop into the pram when her little legs hurt. Olivia remarked that we were getting good exercise and seemed to enjoy that fact (they are doing healthy eating/exercise at school). Nevertheless both had a sleep on the way back as worn out.

Tomorrow I will be taking them to a play centre in Derby. It's great there as I have a full view of where they are from the adult seating area and they can't get out so am looking forward to perhaps drinking plenty of coffee, water and reading some magazines. MMMM, bliss. We will stay for lunch, do a bit more play then get home. Olivia then has swimming at 6pm so I hope I don't hear moaning about being bored!!!!!

I will be helping with some market research Thursday night for a few hours. David and I have done a few things before. Once you are on the list they call you maybe a few times a year. Last time I had to comment on a new Aunt Bessie product in terms of the marketing campaign (no tasting). The adverts are currently on. You know the frozen scones and other cakes which you put in the oven. I think one of the adverts are two show home agents baking some. The time before that I had to comment on financial products for Co-op. David has had to comment on pre-packed Sandwiches before.

On Thursday I have been told I will be listening to some music for a few hours, with a break in between. There is always a buffet, alcohol and anybody who helps gets paid. This time it's £30. Previous times it's usually £40 plus. Will add the cash to the clothes fund.

See you soon, too tired now and have another pack to go yet.

Perhaps a choc one made into a mouse .......... who needs Cadbury's Melted Dairy Milk anyway?

Sam xxx

4 comments:

Lesley said...

What a busy few days. I love the thought of your little girls running around and enjoying their exercise - great stuff. I posted tonight about the dangers of boredom but I don't think that will chime with you at all! The dangers of exhaustion maybe??

Keep it up, you're doing so well and sound like you're having fun too.

Lesley x

Guinea said...

I've been thinking about what to do for treats with my missus. After successes we alwasy go out for meals or drinks. Now that is out the window for the forseeable future I've been searching for something else.

It might be that you've just given me the inspiration. Salsa dancing. She's a great dancer, and I'll do anything for a laugh, so it could be a winner.

Thanks!

SoonBeSlim... It's True! said...

Hi Guinea,
Give Salsa a try, but learn together if possible. You could be at the same level and have a blast.

It's could also get you both in the mood, if you know what I mean!!!!

Let me know if you have a go.

Hi Lesley, will have a look at the dangers of boredom. Being high can't last!

. said...

Wow you're so busy - it's all go for you.

Good to read that you had the confidence to grab a man at the end of the lesson .... you'll be pinching their bums next!

Cath
x