Saturday 19 May 2007

Day 72 - Weigh In, Week 10!

Another week over and 3lbs gone! That' s a fraction over 44 LBS. I now have 4 weeks until the end of Foundation and would love to total a 4 Stone loss/56 LBS!

This week we looked at Instant Gratification (Wk 12, P128). I had already completed mine over the previous two weeks to try and keep me on the straight and narrow. We had to identify things we had Mastered during our lives, things we were currently trying to master and finally think of what has/does provide us with Instant Gratification. The latter will come as no surprise was generally eating something that perhaps may not of been the best choice for us. However it could be I suspect like any other addiction such as shopping, alcohol, drugs etc.

One thing which struck a cord was when my LLC talked about things we had given up before mastering in the past. Like most of us I had many things ... Karate, Playing the piano, Calligraphy and so it goes on. She went onto talk about rating the importance of those things from 1-10 (1 being no real importance right up to 10 being very important to us). I had always felt a bit of a failure for no longer doing those things, and others included which of course fed into my belief I can never stick at anything. This I know is untrue deep down, but it always seemed easier to reprimand myself for no longer being able to play the piano, that I am not a black belt in karate or even a master calligraphy who could illustrate. However I conveniently forget that I have mastered many things on an every day level like driving alone around the country, studied, passed and obtained employment after attending University, even passing beginners Salsa. Again I think this all fits with last weeks Action Plan I set to try a Kick Boxing class before the end of foundation. As I said, If I try it and dislike it this does not mean I have failed/can't stick to anything. It just means I have rated it quite low on my list of priorities and want to do other things.

Our homework for this week is to complete a Daily Diary of our everyday activities and define if it fits into Mastery, Pleasure or Instant Gratification. That should be interesting. Also we will get our before pictures if we want them and have agreed to bring in some old photos of ourselves to see how we have changed. I am quite eager to do the latter as have only quite recent ones of me. It would be good to look at them when I was younger and the honeymoon to see how fat or not I was!

The lady at goal has been to her first maintenance class this week, and may well join us in a few weeks time so she can still see us. This is good news for her but strange and sad for us as a group.

Also one of the ladies has returned from a holiday abroad and was pleased she stayed the same weight. She looks really well, has an all over tan instead of hiding behind a tankini and is back on track with full packs.

Right, see you soon

Sam xx

4 comments:

Mrs said...

Hi Sam

Just catching up with your blog. Congratulations on your weight loss. That's fantastic!

Your LLC sounds really good - very thorough. I like the idea of some old photos - I might suggest it to our LLC as we finish Foundation next week but I am continuing into Development with the others.

I really enjoy reading about how you are progressing. Keep it up!

Take care.

Mrs L xxxx

(www.thelardarms.typepad.com)

Lesley said...

Woooo Hooo! She's into the wedding dress again! It's a bit of a landmark isn't it?

The instant gratification exercise sounds good - I don't remember that one so will dig out the book and have a look. I may have missed that week as was ill/had family visiting for a couple of classes.

You're doing brilliantly well and I'm so impressed by how much you do day to day. The diet seems to have re-energised you too. I'm sure you'll conquer the desire for takeaways etc but we will always have to be vigilant I fear - I intend to carry on coming to class for a long time to come - I'm not going back to carrying all that weight around!!

Take care and hope the OH's teeth stop hurting soon...

Lesley x

chrismars said...

I know only too well about giving up on things that I've enjoyed doing. I'm a bit of a perfectionist and if I can't master something to my exacting standards then I tend to let it go. I'm thinking, painting and drawing (although I've been 'hung'), dressmaking (although I made Lizzie an 'Alice' outfit for a dress-up day at school with no pattern, just measurements and eye), cake decorating (although I've decorated bithday, anniversary, christening and wedding cakes). But because I always strive to for everything to look totally professional, I tend to give up and not accept 2nd best.

I must make more time for things I like doing. I must excuse myself any shortcomings. YES!

I shall be looking at that entry in the Green Book - thanks, Sam

Chris x

Guinea said...

Wow. It looks like you're on target to reach your goals. You must be delighted.

I know what you mean by changing hobbies. I've picked up and dropped many over the years. There have been some that have stayed with me, and others that I've dropped but occaissionaly pick up again.

Anyway, keep going with the diet, you're doing great.