Saturday 5 May 2007

Day 58 - Weigh In ....... 8 Weeks, 2 Days!

Have lost 5 3/4 Lbs this week and hopefully by next week will be classed as OVERWEIGHT as opposed to OBESE! Of course I am chuffed to pieces and have reached my ambitious target of over 2 St 7 Lbs in 8 weeks (well 39lbs or just realised 3lbs off 3 Stone!). In my head I am ahead of the game by half a stone of the predicted 3 stone lost in the 100 days of abstinence.


My group and the LLC were lovely as ever today and said they could really notice the weight difference on me now, which feels great to hear. The lady I talked about last week who had her birthday looks better each week, and even managed to loose weight despite a few birthday treats. As a group we all seem to agree if people are going to eat in abstinence for whatever reason, planing is the way forward. This is opposed to arriving at the function and eating all courses and then some!

I asked my husband to measure my height once and for all today so I could stop convincing myself either way that I was taller than 5ft.1 or worse smaller. The height has come out in my favour and I am pleased to report I am 5 ft 2. Result I cry. However when I looked at the LL BMI chart we were all given today I see that allows me to be 61.6kg as opposed to 60.1kg (at the top end of being healthy). Well every little helps. I will now put the BMI debate to rest until the 14 weeks is up, and see where I am then.

My body aches after Abs Blast, but in a comforting, yes I must of done something way.

Today in the group we looked at the games people play. I just sat there and felt this game playing is what happens between me and hubby. He tells me he feel unwell/not right, I offer him the vitamins or dietery advice, he then ignores me and I resort to the frying pan! Right am going to try and not play his game and leave it to him. Will only offer support if he really wants it. Watch this space!!!!!!

OK, gang have arrived home so better offer some parenting support for fear of being a crap wife and mother for going out all morning at LL! Plus Olivia has another party to get ready for.

May see you later xxx

7 comments:

Lesley said...

Men!! I'm being reasonable this evening and realising that D is only trying to help while inadvrtantly winding me to the ceiling!! It's terrible feeling as though you're on 2 different planes - you say something and he means or wants something else. it's really Men are from mars and Women are from Venus stuff!

Good stuff chick.

Lesley x

chrismars said...

i'm OVERWEIGHT too! Great isn't it!......LOL

And I've also lost 39lbs so far. Considering I've not been on LL or CD for over 3 weeks and also had a 2 week gap in March when I had the flu, I'm made up. So if I can lose another 3lbs by tomorrow morning(!) I'll be on track to lose the promised 3stone in 3months...another LOL.

Hope you're haveing a goof Bank Holiday weekend, Sam

Chris x

. said...

Good on you for getting into the exercise zone - you'll soon start to feel better for doing it.

Re your hubby - is he suffering from depression? Has he only started being this way? May be that he needs a bit of help to get him back on track.

You're best to come on here etc and rant about it, don't let it all build up inside you as you need to let your stresses go. You're doing so well for yourself now that you really don't want anything to be knocking you down in any way.

Cath
x

SoonBeSlim... It's True! said...

Funny you should say that Cath, have thought that myself and told him so many times.

However he has fundamentally always had an overall negative outlook on things, that said he can have a laugh and enjoys things if I arrange them!!!!

Ball is in his court really, but still want to help him (even if he doesn't want it!)

Cheers for the positives vibes all

Sam xx

Melanie said...

Congratulations on the overweight, as opposed to obese!

You're doing so well!

Sorry to hear hubby isn't doing too well, I think men generally tend to be very up and down, yet they reckon we have the hormone swings.

Nigel has been different since I started dieting, for once I'm taking my attentions away from him and Jacob now he's no longer a baby and since I've been concentrating on myself a bit more, he's had a kind of reaction to it.

It's taking me a while to point out that just because I'm not pampering around him anymore doesn't make me less of a wife/mother, just that it's my turn.

He's still not adjusted, but I have to concentrate on my diet, this is the new me now.

Nigel has been on anti-depressants for a few months, he suffers with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder which is often triggered by emotional situations and worse when he's stressed or worried and does get frustrated by his own head sometimes. I do support him and try to be there as much as possible.

I guess just being there for hubby when he's ready to talk and share what's on his mind is all you can do. Would he be prepared to talk to someone? Counselling maybe, even if it's a joint thing that you both go to. Nigel and I had counselling a couple of years ago, and found it really good. Actually gave us a good opportunity to talk, which despite being married to one another, was something we didn't do productively. I know it's not for everyone, but can be a good way of getting them to open up, and giving you an opportunity to raise issues you want to deal with.

No frying pans are allowed though!

Take care,

Mel

Angelica Maybe said...

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. Been sorting my head out a bit recently.

Well done on your weight loss! Keep the exercise up!

Sarahx

. said...

Hi Sam

Just checking in - hope all is well with you :)

Cath
x