Tuesday 5 June 2007

Day 89 - Comments I Did Not Expect!

Back to work today, which was of course busy with fewer hours in the day than I could of done with. Millions of emails which hardly touched and a line of people wanting to talk to me about all sorts etc etc. However, only one more day to go and off again with my babies. It will be next week I start my new hours, already I wonder if it's the right choice. BUT ........ as keep telling myself, will give it a go and not let anybody think they are going to take advantage and give me their jobs as well as my own!

Well it felt like ages since I had actually been in the office, and I had some lovely and some quite extreme reactions today. One on my way back from the shops at lunchtime a women I used to manage ran out of her office and caught me in the foyer and wanted to know what I had done to myself. She said I looked great. Another as I went upstairs back to my office was from a women I see around in the building but do not really know. She saw me, walked over to me and asked if I had lost weight. I happily bleated over 3 1/2 stone as she continued to look open mouthed at me. She congratulated me and told me she needed to get back to the gym herself or stop paying the membership and then we talked briefly about what classes I do at the gym. Had a few more of such comments today from people which were all greatly appreciated. However I want to run this one past you, as did not see this coming at any point!!!!!!!

In my team, one of the chaps I manage saw me this morning and looked shocked. He quickly asked what I had done (friendly way) and said I looked different. We then discussed a few cases so I could be updated and agreed we would travel together to a meeting later in the morning. Over the day have seen him a few times and he still kept asking me what I had done in the week since I last saw him. He then said something about how he and another guy in the team have noticed the change and wondered how, as he did the actions with his hands but meant I was now curving in the right places!!!!!!!!!!! I made some slightly embarrassed comment about not being able to say that to his own manager. He also added other female team members have noticed to try and detract from him and this guy discussing my new figure. I know I shouldn't of done, but I said I assume I look better now like this, and this is where I really did not expect the reaction ........ He Nodded very affirmatively with a sort of look in his eye!

Blimey. I have to say, this guy is happily married, there is no sexual tension between us and he is just a easy going member of my team. I was just not expecting that my weight loss and the inevitable taking a bit more care of the way I dress and look would have this affect on anyone other than me and my husband. Naive now I think about it, but blimey, blimey, blimey. When I got home just had to tell David who thought it was funny.

On the clothes front I posted about last time, I can report I could squeeze into and fasten the size 10's from DP's and Primark which was quite surreal. I managed to pour myself into some trousers in the same size but could not fasten them, but for £5 thought with another stone to go would be worth having. Chuffed as you can imagine. After trying on the new threads, I thought I'd better check the work outfit I had got out and ironed was OK. I looked at the size 16 skirt, tried it on as you guessed it was too big. It's also a very long skirt as that's what I used to wear all the time. I now realise what a fool I looked like, and it only looks worse on my now smaller frame.

At this point, at 10pm an a Monday night before going back to work, I began to feel frightened and wondered what the hack I was going to wear. I only had one pair of jeans and thought I was going to have to take a trip to 24 hr Tesco to get some work trousers or a skirt. I then realised I could go in one of my new ones and proceed to make a new outfit. I even had to ask David to put a new notch in my belt! I still truly can't believe this.

Today I felt great. New size 10 skirt, smaller belt and new handbag. I almost felt like a groomed women! LOL. Not sure will ever be a makeup before leave the house person, life's too short.

One final observation I have had today and a few other ocassions is something Lesley has mentioned before. I noticed people that I previously thought looked at ideal weight and may of even wished I could be their size, seemed overweight now. It sort of seems I can't notice on myself the weight loss, and like last night thought their was a conspiracy and somebody had been sewing in size 10 & 12's into my clothes, when really I am still big. That said I can somehow see other either getting bigger or probably more likely staying the same but I have less of me to compare with them now.

Ok, am off to bed to read now. Been to aerobics tonight and Salsa tommorow.

Night xx

5 comments:

. said...

If only I could wolf whistle - you'll just have to imagine that I can and am! Way to go you - admiring glances and comments from the men in the office ... it's all good. What made me smile is when you said David laughed - that's exactly what Ste would do.

It's great that everyone has noticed and is commenting positively on your loss - you enjoy those compliments ... you deserve them!

Cath
x

Lesley said...

Do you feel like a celebrity round the office?? I know I did a while back (it's settled down a bit now that people have got used to it). It's great and a bit of positive male admiration is always a morale boost!

You just watch yourself bending over in those size 10 skirts...LOL!

Enjoy it - it's only what you deserve.

Lesley x

Lesley said...

Oooh, just noticed that I've just about repeated Cath's comment...well, great minds and all that.

chrismars said...

Woo,Woo,Woo - that's the closest I can get to Cath's wolf-whistle.

Enjoy, Sam! I'm sure David (if only secretly) enjoys the fact that he has a desirable wife. They can look, but you're all his. so just smile and acept any compliments that come your way.

To repeat a oft-mentioned phrase - you deserve it!

Chris x

Melanie said...

Well, who needs Trinny and Susannah? You certainly seem to be making the most of your new figure and turning heads in the process, add a wiggle to your walk and the office will be your new catwalk!

Enjoy the compliments, revel in the attention, you've worked hard and really deserve it.

Good for you...x