Saturday 16 June 2007

Day 100 - I Made It!

I was just shy of my 4 stone target (we all know why!!!) and realise I only have a 11.5 Lbs to my goal! I Can do that and hang on in there before embarking on the World Of Management. It seems so mysterious and exciting.



Today in my group there was only three of us. Few on holiday and sadly one decided she is unable to continue due to medical issues. I am gutted for her, but hope to see her soon and that she gets some answers.



We looked at Crossing the River today out of the Development part of the program. For anybody who has yet to get to this bit, we were asked to draw two island with a river running through it. On one island we plotted where we are now in our lives, the other where we want to be. In the river we placed any possible obstacles to achieving our goals (not just weight loss wise) and finally built a bridge over the river of the tools we would use to get to the other side.



I found it really helpful and confirmed that at the moment I have more positive things going on in my life than negative but at the same time could note any areas for improvements. We all shared with each other this exercise and am pleased to report we are all in happy places. I split mine into my home, husband/children, work, friends, weight/health, exercise/health, projects etc. I won't bore you with all the details but felt really content and happy about my dream home we moved into last July, however I hasten to add it is nowhere near being in dream home state, but has the potential to be so. In terms of hubby, children & friends I felt my relationship with them all was so much better but had a little way to go to be exactly how I would want them. This is most apparent when it come to friends who still expect you to be the person they met originally. Despite moving on at different periods in your life, they still keep some of the same views of you and refuse to move on too about specific issues.



When it came to weight/health/exercise I felt really happy and could acknowledge not only the weight loss, but the good blood pressure I now have and I am back to loving exercise. I have settled on wanting to be 9 st 7lbs. This is when I wish to start Management and hopefully go on to have a buffer of between 9st and 9st 7 lbs.



Due to my silly and recent blip I will take Development one week at a time, and decided in the end not to take the Management Book. Depending on where I am with my weight loss, I will take the books nearer to goal so I can be organised and plan my meals. I would love to have at least 3/4 weeks of Management in the bank before I go on holiday. I have a little over 7 weeks for that so should be OK.



Normal Blogging will commence now confessed all and focus back on end prize.



Just need some time to catch up on everybody else and see how you have all got on.



Sam xx

4 comments:

Mrs said...

Dear Sam

First things first...huge drum roll....HOORAY! CONGRATULATIONS! You made it to 100 days! What an achievement so trying to do the virtual equivalent of a big hug and saying well done!

Second, hope you are not beating yourself up over the binge! Our LLC says these times are opportunities to learn and that's how I am seeing it. If you can understand why you did it, you will actually be stronger next time because knowledge is power.

You've done INCREDIBLY well and during this time you are really getting your priorities sorted, which include...YOU!!!!

I think you've done amazingly well and you will be stronger for the work you put in to understand the binge. Development is a funny time, I have to say but sooner than you know it, you'll be onto Management!

Take care and well done.

Mrs L xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

chrismars said...

Ii agree with mrs, Sam. Congratulations on getting to 100 days and please don't beat yourself up for your 'binge' In the 'real' world, what you had couldn't really be taken as a binge, it's only because you're on LL that you see eating a piece of salmon, a few slices of bread and a piece of cheese as a binge. You need to put it into perspective and move on. The worse you could really have done would be to get yourself out of ketosis and have to get back in again. And if you haven't, then, as mrs says, learn from it and move on.

You've done so well up to now. my dear, tomorrow's a new day.

Good luck. Keep on keeping on.....

Chris x

. said...

Well done - you've completed your 100 days and you should be so proud of yourself for getting to where you are today!

Honest your picking was not a binge, please just let all thoughts of any negative kind just go, only think and feel positive, really you're going to be at your goal so very soon :)

Cath
x

chrismars said...

Everything OK, Sam? You've not posted for a week. I hope you're now back on track on getting into a few more 10/12s.

Chris x