Monday 4 June 2007

Day 88 - A Bit More!

the girls and I had a great day today and are now sound asleep in bed as they should be. Painting the pots was brill, albeit more expensive than I thought. As I should of anticipated, the girls wanted to paint some of the most expensive and child friendly items rather than a boring tile or something mini. Olivia chose sleeping beauty, Lucy picked the tooth fairy. I joined them and selected a large mug with a heart on it.

It was really therapeutic and something a bit different for us all to do. I will be able to collect the items next week once they have been in the oven and I will post our works of art on my BLOG when I get them. They were really well behaved and a nice ending to the holidays.

Another bit of good and unexpected news was from someone I went to school with who now owns a beauty salon. I had popped in for a quick appointment and she told me she was 19wks pregnant. She has had so many GY problems and various procedures and operations and to be honest come to terms with no children over the years. I am so so pleased for her and gave her a big hug and smacker on the cheek. She has already had many scans due to her history but has another at 20wk so fingers crossed all is still well.

David has just popped out for something, so I have decided to make him a meal for his return. A lovely salad, rice and beef teriyaki. I have really enjoyed preparing the veg and extras to go with it for him. I did contemplate whether eating a raw piece of red onion would be a problem with my chicken pack, but quickly ignored myself in event became slippery slope.

As said before, I am ready to cook and plan healthy meals again. Hopefully now that David has had a large dose of it he will be just as active in the planning stakes so it's a shared responsibility for the family. Perhaps to prevent further temptation once back in the food saddle he could continue to do the overall shop?

Bought a few size 10 & 12's today, mainly variety of skirts as only really have one in my wardrobe which will be wearing for work. I felt fraud enough buying the 12's never mind about the 10's. Will try them on later. As some were real bargains I assume that after at least another stone off I will be in the 10 range. Have had some success fitting into some size 12's before, so will see how it goes and let you know. How strange that sounds to me. Lucy's mum told me today I looked tiny. That feels especially strange as I have always looked at her as one of my very petite friends who I assumed was a size 10. She said not and hopes for cast offs from me when they are too big!!!!!!!

Funny old world. Who would of thought it only a few short months ago!

3 comments:

. said...

Sounds like you've had a gorgeous day, and very well deserved.

Lucky David getting a lovely meal, bet he was made up when he came in .... and good on you avoiding the onion temptation.

Wow to 10's and 12's - that must feel so amazing .... and to be seen as 'tiny' - well that's the icing on the cake ... but don't eat the cake!

Cath
x

Lesley said...

Size 10's and 12's - how amazing is that!!?

I'll be in seventh heaven when I get there. With my frame and height I'll be pretty skinny too but can't wait!

I'm glad you had a good time painting pots. Perhaps I'll borrow a kid and have a go sometime. I fancy trying my hand.

Your ideas about continued healthy living really chime with mine. I'm dying to get cooking and preapring again but don't fancy the shopping either. It's too easy for "treats" to creep back into the basket and once they're in the house, who's going to eat them? Think Ds (both David and Diarmuid) doing the shopping in future would be safest - armed with a list of course..

Keep it up - you've done brilliantly.

Lesley x

chrismars said...

Glad you had a good day 'potting' - it doesn't surprise me it was expensive. Isn't it always the way !

Size 12s .....and even 10s. seems like fantasyland to me, Sam. I only wish!

Chris x