Monday 4 June 2007

Day 88 - Last Day of Freedom!

Just a quick post (I always say that!). Olivia and I are off school and work today as she has an inset day. I have also offered to look after her friend Lucy for the day who is also off for the same reason from another school. I plan to catch the tram with them into town, take them for lunch and have been looking at going to a 'Paint A Pot'. Never been before but thought would occupy a few more hours and in return they could make a pressie for Fathers Day.

I am looking forward to it, but it's struck me that although Olivia & Ella have not really made an issue about me not eating with them, Lucy may well ask why I am not eating. She is a really bright child and not as likely to accept it so easily. That said I will just say I will eat later and leave it at that.

Back to work tomorrow which is always hard when been off for so long. The week after I will be trying my FT/9 day fortnight! No doubt will discover what the other managers have requested in terms of me helping the other team out! Well, won't worry about that now, it's my last day of freedom. Everybody's school, nursery & work clothes are ironed ready for the week, school bags packed so at least I don't have that to worry about.

I must say I am also looking forward to getting my Saturdays back once done Foundation and Development. I love the time away but it is a fair few hours away. I know the current management class is on a Thursday evening. If that remains the same I am thinking I could work that to my advantage with the Work Life Balance hours. Instead of finishing work at 5pm, I could stay till late and go straight to the management class. Thus preventing commute home in rush hour & accrue more hours.

May see you later

Sam

3 comments:

Lesley said...

Oooooh. I've always fancied doing that Paint a Pot thing but haven't had any kids handy to give me an excuse!! Let us know how it goes.

I know what you mean about classes on a weekend - my french class has been on Sundays and it knocks out at least half of my Sundays in getting up early to do the homework, driving there, the class and then driving back. When we come back from holiday it will move to Tuesday evenings (her GCSE and A level students will have finished their exams by then) and it should be a lot better.

Good luck with the new working arrangement.

Lesley x

chrismars said...

Hope you had a good day, Sam, and that the girls produced passable Father's Day pressies.

Did you get away with the explanation about not eating. Surely it couldn't have been too hard to 'pull the wool over the eye' of a child?

Good luck with the new job routine from tomorrow - and a great idea about the evening sessions (always a boon to get out of a rush hour commute!)

Chris x

Mrs said...

Hi Sam

Just caught up with your blog. Good for you for being so honest - that's a lot of family stuff to deal with when you were young.

And 4 stone by the end of Foundation? Well, you'll do it and it's going to be amazing!

I am just sitting in my empty house, waiting for a lift from my husband so we can go back to the B&B so trying to catch up with everyone's blogs. We may not have a bathroom or kitchen now but we still have wireless!

Ha ha

Go Sam!!! Good luck with work stuff.

Mrs L xxxxxxxxxx