Thursday 15 May 2008

Day 2 - I Told A Lie!

Had a good day in that I have not cheated, and felt less stress and panic about trying to stop myself going to the food establishments. I had arranged to meet a friend at lunchtime who knows I am back on the straight and narrow, but never knew explicitly how I originally lost the weight in the first place! Anyway while I had a lovely large black coffee she had a snack. This was all fine and I had no urge to take it from her (occasionally I told myself, I can join her next time so don't feel deprived). Eventually we talked about our health amongst other things and she quizzed me on what I have eaten today. I told her I had seedy toast, marmite, scrambled egg and grilled tomato. She looked impressed. I then reassured her I would have some soup when got back to work, and a nice piece of salmon and salad tonight.

I noticed two things from this situation
1. It's nobodies business whether I chose to share LL or not, but that doesn't make me feel ashamed of it; and
2. Why do I eat such rubbish or too much of it at times when I could of eaten this fictional menu today plus fruity snacks and maintained my lower weight?????

Today also manged to negotiate not eating a readily available biscuit or 5 when everybody else was diving into the tub. I also managed not to dwell on negativity when I popped in Next and Top Shop to have a look at clothes. It is always in my mind that at my low weight I could pick and choose what I wanted in all sorts of shops. Now when I am in shops I feel disappointed I have to go through this again and buy bigger clothes. Instead of the excitement I felt at trying on new sizes as they always reduced as the diet went on, this time around it has lost it's appeal. I did buy some sandals and a nice summer skirt for work (sizes 14 and 12), so hopefully when back in the office next week I feel pretty and not a fat lump.

Today I had a shake for breakfast, and a veg soup split into two meals. I am trying to pace myself so I don't get to the end of the day after work without any packs. I have not had a bar again as I believe this helps getting into ketosis. I have had at least 3 litres of water again, and working towards the 4 litres.

Already I feel slimmer and more in control/measured, and long may it last.

Will retire now, and try and do something constructive with my evening

Sam xx

1 comment:

Lesley said...

That's great stuff. the white lie just shows how commited you are to this push and you do sound like me - happier and more in control.

I'm finding that blogging and weighing myself is really helpful and is keeping me on the straight and narrow. It has been hard today but I've toughed it out.

Keep it up chuck!

Lesley x