Wednesday 14 May 2008

Day 1 - Return to Abstinence?

Abstinence Here I come!

Well it's 8pm and so far so good I have not cheated. I think I have had at least 3 litres of water, One and a half packs and a savoury soup. It is fair to say am starving now and wondering what packs to have tonight.

Had a few touch and go moments when I saw the daily food trolly arrive at work, and I told myself one litle something won't hurt! Also during a meeting today I felt tired & bored and my mind flicked to how food could be my reward when I get through it.

I am glad I have not given in as each 'failure' makes it harder to convince me I can do abstinece again. Already I feel knowing I will write my BLOG and we are in this together (well done on 2 days down Lesley), I must try that bit harder and not run to food to numb my feelings.

Over this last binge period I have realised that as well as eating because my emotions are all over the place that tiredness can play a part too. A few ocassions I noticed (but sadly still ate) that when I am tired I believe food will nurture me and make me feel better. Why I can't go to bed or make a mental note to get an earlier night if during the day alludes me. I suppose the quick fix/high from a carb kicks in, so in some respects the tiredness has been resolved at least for a short period.

The girls have found a game on a childrens web site: http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/grownups/familytime/games/teatime_racers.shtml.
In essence you have a number of foods and drinks which tell you about themselves like apples, bread, chips, fizzy drinks etc. You then pick which foods you want in your relay team and watch them run around the kitchen. The obvious healthy foods have long-lasting energy and can run and jump over the course. The others like chips and co lumber along or have a fast spurt but soon run out of puff. I thought it was a good visual to remind me about the types of food I am putting in my body.

Well, I have just made a chicken pack as a stuffing and am ready with a large glass of water and tobasco. I will get through today and feel stronger for Day 2.

Night Folks,

Sam xxx


1 comment:

Lesley said...

Good woman. It's tricky to do but you have to be a bit tough on yourself and keep reminding yourself what you're doing it for. It is helping me that I'm only doing it for a fortnight but I must remember to be equally focussed when I start eating again...the rules have to be just as strictly enforced for food as for packs!

You can do it and soon you will feel that energy buzz and skinny feeling to carry you through the tough bits.

Big hug...

Lesley x