Monday 25 February 2008

REFOCUS DAY 2 - DEALING WITH STRESS.

At the time of 8.30pm I am shattered
but feel I have achieved something.

Back at work today, feeling apprehensive about all the outstanding stuff which is still calling my name and feeling like I must be the worst manager in the world (despite knowing some of the worst managers around and really knowing I am not!).

I managed to leave by lunchtime as planned to have half a day study time, although I only manged 30 mins completing a E-Activity. I did however do more work admin like a very busy little bee and can see more of the wood for the trees. Instead of having 5 different to do list with various dates and various contents, I have a book with all the tasks in organised by type of task. How long have I wanted to sort this out? It's just having the uninterrupted time. I have even knocked a few task of the list which I was avoiding for some reason which were quite quick to do. I still have many thing to do, but hey ... Rome was not built in a day.

After collected Children from nursery, entertained them and put them in bed, I did a bit more admin. I know I am unlikely to never have anything outstanding but I just want to get to a point that all my work is in order, I know the deadlines and I no longer have piles of paper which do not make sense. My last job of order is to read my ever increasing emails and add any tasks to the said lists. Too tired to do that now, plus wanted to write my BLOG. Therefore decided to get up earlier Tuesday and finish the job once and for all.

Observations Today -
I noticed when children a little challenging or had to deal with a work issue which I perceived as stressful, I found myself feeling 'empty' and wanting to console myself with food. Luckily I was alert enough not to enter the kitchen on auto pilot and let the good toast time roll. After I ignored it, got on with the job ... the feeling eventually went away.

Have had two packs so far, and ready and hungry for another. Think will have an old faithful .... Chicken stuffing with plenty of Tabasco sauce. This Will certainly help me get the last litre of water drunk.

Pop In with LLC -
Unfortunately could not get at the times she was free, so had a quick chat on phone and told her had a BLIP but back on track. I will wait for my first weigh in Thursday rather than try to pop in Tuesday. I did however do my own weigh on scales at home. I think have lost 2kg so far. Not bad after the naughty takeaway on Saturday.

Achievements -
  1. Stuck to packs, no cheats;
  2. On track to drink 4 litres of water;
  3. Black coffee only;
  4. Pleased finally getting to grips with Admin and in turn I will feel in control of it, rather than other way around;
  5. Did my course E-Activity and responded to some letters regarding it;
  6. Colleague showed me her now heavily stocked draw full of biscuits, choc, variety of teas, you name it. As ever she offered me anything and I said no. I realise I meant it and was not wrestling with my inner Food Monster.

OK, am off to bed with my pack and a book. I might just do this, again!

Sam

2 comments:

Mrs said...

Hi Sam

It's GRRRREAT to have you back again. Am totally in awe of you juggling work, the kids, your husband, your home AND studying.

Quick question - was your trigger - the one you mention in your first return blog really minor and insignificant or was it, really very significant?

I'm beginning to realise that the slippery slope started way before I THINK it did!

I can relate to so much that you say - you want to be slim but you don't want to put the effort in. But, guess what, you already did!

So many questions...is it ok to ask them???

Welcome back to the fold! I think we'll crack this. And really well done for coming back.

Big kiss.

Mrs Lard xxxxxxxxxx

Lesley said...

Brilliant stuff!! It's amazing how, as you turn away from food once or twice, it is easier to do it the next time isn't it?

And how your work and home and food lives all inter-twine too? Do well at one and the others fall into place...etc

Keep it up chuck!

Lesley xx