Friday 22 February 2008

REFOCUS DAY 1 - BACK TO BASICS!!!!!

Here I am, sadly more than a few pound heavier,
but finally motivated to do something about it.

I have realised how much I missed my BLOG and this community. Ultimately I believed I could go it alone, and did alright until 8 December 2007. Then I allowed a minor & insignificant disappointment to escalate into my old binge habits.

So I'm back at a weight of 72.9kg.

My lowest in August 2007 was 60.5kg.

After all that has been written, reflected upon and some of the real food challenges I have been through, I am gutted I could allow myself to put on weight. However the weight is one thing, but it's how I feel about myself, life and the future which I want to sort out.

As we know when we are in the ZONE the ability to have a half full glass is generally easy. I miss being BALANCED and more EVEN. I like being in CONTROL of my life. As a grown women, not being able to have a healthy relationship with food is something I will address in 2008.

Last night I joined a Development group and met a nice bunch of women. My LLC was really motivating and she was very clear whether we stay on the straight and narrow or not is our personal responsibility and nobody else's.

There was a women there who had put on weight too and seemed to be going through some of the same struggles. She talked about feeling fantastic when she lost weight and got to goal and how she had tried to get back into ketosis on the packs but would fall of the wagon after a day or so. This has been my experience too but instead I just listened this week. I was a little out of my comfort zone as a new set of people.

Anyway we have all agreed to do a POP-IN Monday to keep us on track until our meeting later in the week. Clearly the support was more effective than I gave it credit for. By then I should be in the pink and back to a wee wee on a stick.

Well, I have done it. I have written in my BLOG and look forward to visiting you all to see how you are. Thank you all so very much for you interest and supportive comments. I am glad to be back, but have to admit probably delayed a return for fear of feeling like such a failure and telling you how it's been.

I should of know better we are all friends together here and anyway it's time to move on and get back into my Jeans!

Take Care one and all, hope you are all still out there doing your best

Lots of Love and positive vibes

Sam xxx

2 comments:

Lesley said...

I'm so glad you posted! It's great to hear from old friends. And we're in the same boat! Still, the key thing is - we have notgiven up and we have not gained ALL the weight back so lets get it going and, as you say, make 2008 the year of eating ehalthily and stabilising our bodies.

Lesley x

Lesley said...

"ehalthily" sounds scary... shall we make that "healthily"?!